Chapter 28 Uexpected trip

Yesterday me and Rachel used the whole day to pack my things at Ken's house while Marshall watched Amy. Weirdly I don't feel sad anymore and maybe it's because of Marshall or maybe I don't have any tears left. Of course I'm sorry it didn't work out but to be honest then Rachel made me realize yesterday that he ain't worthy of us, when he can just cut both me and Amy out of his life. One thing is that he doesn't wanna be with me but Amy doesn't deserve this. It isn't Amy's fault that I've made stupid decisions and he shouldn't punish her for that. Ken is her role model and now he's gonna walk away from her.
I walk downstairs where Marshall and Rachel sit in the kitchen, it's early and Amy isn't up yet. Marshall must have come in very early since it's only 8am. I don't sleep much because I wonder how the hell I'm gonna explain all this mess to Amy.
"Good morning." Rachel says smiling which makes Marshall turn his head and look at me. I look like completely shit but who cares? He saw me at my worse yesterday.
"Good morning." I say and I sit down on the island. I don't want to join them at the table.
"How are you doing?" Rachel asks.
"I don't know." I sigh. "I don't know how to lay all this down for Amy."
"Maybe it's time for the two of you to tell her the truth." Rachel says to us.
"No, it's way to much to cope for Amy right now. First she has to deal with the fact that Ken left, I don't want her to deal with the fact that he actually isn't her real father." I say.
"Yeah.. I actually agree with Amelia on this." Marshall says which surprises me. "Small steps would be the best right now."
"Exactly." I say.
"Why don't you and Amy come with me to Detroit today?" Marshall asks taking me by surprise.
"What?" I ask surprised.
"Nothing prevents you, right?" Marshall points out.
"No but it's so sudden." I say.
"So?" He gives me a bit of an attitude.
"What's the rush?" I frown.
"That my daughter hasn't visited me in Detroit for a long time now and I see an opportunity now." He says. I guess I could use some time away and besides I really wanna visit Tasha and Lucas.
"Okay, fine." I sigh as I feel a little sorry for him. It's his daughter and I have been avoided the subject of her going to Detroit and visit him for months to save my relationship. "When are we leaving?" I ask.
"In 4 hours." He says.
"Okay then I better pack my things.. or unpack my things and pack them." I say. It's all a big mess since I packed all my stuff from Ken yesterday and I was too tired to unpack anything yesterday when I came home.
"Yeah." He says and I walk upstairs.

I pack me and Amy's things and when she wakes up, me and Marshall tell her what's gonna happen. I pack a lot of things as I really don't know how long we are gonna stay this time. We have nothing we need to get home to and I could really use some time away. I could really use to spend some time with Tasha and Lucas, you know.. just forget about everything.

We get on board on the plane and I can't tell you how much I enjoy Marshall's private jet. No other people and full service is so nice. I can tell that Amy enjoys it too.
She reaches for the iPad pretty fast which leaves me and Marshall in silence for a very long time.
"How are you holding up?" He finally breaks the silence. Amy is once again wearing headphones so she can't hear anything.
"I don't think I've realized what has happened yet." I say. "Right now I just think he's an asshole."
"You always managed to turn your sadness into anger." He says which is very true. It's easier to deal with anger than sadness.
"I guess you're right." I sigh. I still can't believe that he actually came and pulled me out of my "depression" yesterday. Who knows how long I would've been there if he hadn't come? "Thanks for being there yesterday, by the way." I thank him.
"You're welcome." He says.
"I'm really grateful, I hope you know that." I say.
"I know now." He nods.
"This is just a fucked up situation." I sigh.
"Yeah but I'll make sure that Amy has everything that she needs. You don't need to worry about it." He says and I truly appreciate that.
"Thank you." I say.

We arrive to Detroit where Marshall drops us off at his old house and then he tells me that he'll be back later. Amy is so damn excited to be here again and just seeing her happiness about this place really lightens up my day. I have a lot of mixed feelings about all this; this town, Marshall and his family. I have so many good memories in this city but hell.. I have a lot of bad memories too. I guess it's like that with this city.. no matter what; you're tied to it somehow.
"Mommy, can I call daddy?" Amy now asks me. Fuck.. I should've seen this coming. I stand there looking at her as I don't quite know what to say.
"You know.. daddy has been so clumsy and he's dropped his phone in the toilet so he doesn't have a phone anymore baby." I come up with the worse excuse ever!
"Silly daddy." She shakes her head smiling. She thinks he's a hero, an angel and it's her role model but he just fucking abandoned her. He's not even worthy of her love. I know that he has technically no relations to her but he's the only father she knows. I understand that he's angry with me and that he can't seem to deal with all this mess, but that's not Amy's fault. It's my fault! Ken is a really good guy but he's not the man I thought he was. I never thought he would do this to Amy no matter what. The worse thing is though; he doesn't have the balls to tell her himself, no I'm left with all the shit and I'm the one who has to disappoint her. Fucking asshole..
I could use to go out and have fun soon because I'm so tired of the situation that I'm stuck in, so I need an escape just for night. Too bad Tasha is pregnant or else I would've gone out with her, it was always fun back in the days. I don't have that many friends because I have major trust issues, which means that I probably have to hit the club alone.

Later Marshall comes by and eats some dinner with us that he brought. We don't go to his house as Amy is so tired that she just needs to go to bed early.
Marshall is the one who's putting her to bed since I'm never good enough with him around. It's a good thing though, that just means that she's comfortable around him.
"She asked if she could call Ken." I tell him when he walks back into the kitchen after putting Amy to bed.
"Wow.. what did you say then?" He asks.
"That he dropped his phone in the toilet." I say.
"Good one." He chuckles.
"He's not even worthy of her love or her thinking about him." I sigh.
"I agree."
"Would you maybe mind to have Amy sleeping over a day in this week?" I ask now.
"Why?" He frowns.
"I need to get out." I admit.
"Like drinking?"
"Yes. I need an escape just for a night." I explain.
"Yeah, alright." He says and puts on his jacket. "I really need to get going."
"Yeah, okay." I say and he just zips his jacket and leaves.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your feedback, the comments are going up crazy lately and I love it! Some of you have followed my work for almost the very beginning and you're still here reading my books, that's just so cool! It's so amazing because not once have I gotten every negativity or hate and I hope it'll continue that way. This book (and the other books) has been my little escape for the many bad things in my life, this book helps me escape from reality which I really need. I bet that a lot of you who also writes can relate to that. Anyway, I'll forever thank you for welcoming me and my books so well <3