Chapter 51 Interrogation

Me and Charlie arrive to New York where we go directly to the police station. I can't even begin to explain how nervous I am but Charlie has told me that as long as I don't say anything and let him lead the word then it's gonna be fine.
We sit down in the interrogation room where there sits two cops in front of me, a female who introduced herself as Katie Smith and the other cop is a male who introduced himself as Michael Hanson. They look through the files before they then look up at me.
"Amelia Dane." Katie says and looks at me. "Are you aware of why we called you in?"
"My client is well aware why she's here." Charlie says.
"So I guess that you and Mr. Mathers is on good therms since he paid you such a good lawyer." Katie says being extremely provoking and I just glare at her.
"You're charged with the attack and attempt of murder on Jamie Annie Flores." Michael informs me as he begins to read time and place. Attempt of murder?! I know that I said to Marshall that I wasn't sure if I would've killed her but deep down I know that I would've stopped eventually.
"Attempt of murder?" I say surprised.
"According to Jamie and witness then you choked her." Michael says.
"Yeah but I didn't try to kill her." I frown.
"Amelia." Charlie stops me.
"So you admit that you choked her?" Katie asks in a bitchy tone.
"My clients admits that she had her hands around Mis Flores's throat but not so she couldn't breathe." Charlie says. "Not what she was aware of."
"Jamie had bruises which confirms that Amelia put enough pressure to block her airway." Katie says.
"Amelia wasn't aware of that." Charlie defends me.
"It's not the first time that your client has a problem with controlling her anger." Katie points out. "Back in 2003 the police was called out to her and her ex fiancé's nightclub because Amelia threw glasses at her ex fiancé."
"Those charges was dropped." I defend myself.
"Why don't you tell me what happened between you and Jamie?" Michael asks me softly. I like him better than Katie, that's for sure. "She's your daughter's previous nanny, right?" I look at Charlie who nods allowing me to answer.
"Yes." I say.
"But something confuses me." Michael says looking through his files. "Jamie said that Amy is Marshall's daughter but I can't find hospital records that confirms that."
"I found out that I was pregnant after I left Marshall back in 2004 and I didn't choose to tell him about Amy." I explain.
"So when did you tell Marshall about Amy because I assume that he knows now, right?" Michael asks.
"Yes, he found out last year." I say.
"You're one messed up girl." Katie mumbles shaking her head.
"The last time I checked, your personal opinion has nothing to do with this case." I say to her and she just rolls her eyes.
"So what happened the night at the concert?" Michael asks me now.
"Eh.." I hesitate to answer mostly because I have no idea where to start.
"It's okay, just answer." Charlie says.
"Jamie told me that her and Marshall had hooked up, or that she had given him a blowjob the day he dropped the tickets off at her place." I begin to explain. "She begin to provoke me and told me that she only did it to hurt me and to show me that I could never touch him like she could.."
"Wait." Michael interrupts me. "Are you sexually involved with Marshall?"
"No." I say.
"Then what's the problem?" Katie asks rudely.
"That he's my daughter's father and that I fucking love him." I hiss at her getting tired of her bullshit.
"You really need to watch your tone." She warns me.
"I'm sorry." I say taking a deep breath.
"So what? So you and Marshall are trying to figure things out again?" Katie asks me.
"I can't see how your question has anything to do with the case." Charlie breaks in which makes her shut up.

Charlie takes the lead now realizing that I'm not too good at this. I think he's compromising a bit with them so I'm only charged for assault. It would be so bad if I got charged with the attempt of murder. This has been a wake up call and I'm taking the punishment that I'm gonna get not complaining. I'm so gonna stay out of trouble after this. Me and Amy are gonna move to Detroit and I'm gonna get my life back on track. No more bullshit now.

Charlie negotiated with the judges on the case that it was okay for to take a flight back to Detroit since Marshall is Amy's father, but they also told me that I needed to get that legally scripted. If I don't keep our deal then I'm gonna get send directly to jail until my trial. I'm just happy that I can go back to Detroit.

Charlie drives me back to Rachel's and I'm gonna stay the night here and then catch a flight tomorrow morning. I'm so freaking exhausted because I've been down at the police station all day.
I get into the house and I walk into the living room where Rachel sits with a worried look on her face.
"How did it go?" Rachel asks.
"I don't know." I sigh. "I think I got the attempt of murder off my back." Rachel widens her eyes.
"Dear god Amelia." She says worried. "You really need to learn to control you anger." She adds.
"I will." I sigh. "I'm gonna stay out of trouble for now on. I'm gonna move to Detroit and settle down, no more bullshit."
"Sounds good." She nods.
"I don't wanna be rude but I need to call Marshall. They allowed me to go back to Detroit if I promised to stay there but also do a paternity test to confirm that Marshall is the father." I tell her.
"About that." She says and my stomach hurts because I don't like the sound of that. "It's been all over the news today." No no no! This can't happen!
"Fuck!" I shout. "I need to call Marshall." I say and dial his number as I walk upstairs.

"Finally." He says when he picks up the phone. "I've been so fucking worried."
"Does Amy know?" I ask immediately.
"Oh, you already know about that."
"Rachel just told me. Does she know?"
"No luckily Paul warned me so I've isolated Amy and no television and stuff like that." He says and I'm so relieved.
"Good." I say.
"But we need to tell her." He says. "Tell me what happened today."
"Can I explain all that when I get back tomorrow?"
"You're allowed to leave the state?" He asks surprised.
"Yes as long as I stay with you and then we also need to do a paternity test to confirm that you're Amy's father." I explain.
"Alright, no problem." He agrees.
"Marshall, this has been a wake up call to me and I really promise you that I'm gonna listen to you next time. There's gonna be no more bullshit what so ever. I just wanna settle down."
"I hope you mean that." He says.
"I do. I really do." I promise him.
"Sounds good." He says. Even though that I really wanna talk with Marshall then I really need to get some sleep as I'm so exhausted. I haven't almost slept for 48 hours.
"I really need to catch up on some sleep." I sigh.
"Then go to bed then I'll talk to you tomorrow."
"Okay, kiss Amy from me."
"I will." He says and we say our goodbyes before we hang up.