Chapter 26 There's nothing more to do

"What's going on Ken?" I ask when all people have left. He looks over at Amy, it's her bedtime now so Ken just walks over to her and tell her to go brush her teeth. I get the hint and I walk out to the bathroom to help Amy get ready for bed. "Have you had a good birthday?" I ask her as she brushes her teeth.
"Yes." She mumbles with the toothbrush in her mouth. My stomach hurts from not knowing what's going on. I can tell that it's something bad. Does he think that me and Marshall's talk outside was suspicious? because then he needs to have some faith in me. I get Amy ready for bed and follow her to her room.
"When are we gonna visit Marshall again?" She asks as she lays down.
"I don't know baby." I say. "Marshall is a little busy."
"I miss Whitney and Hailie and Alaina." She says.
"I know." I say. "I promise that I'll figure something out." I want her to visit them but I don't want to risk me and Ken's relationship. I'm so trapped.

After I'm done putting Amy to bed and I've read her a bedtime story then I walk out to the living room where Ken sits on the couch.
"What's going on?" I ask again as I sit down on the coffee table.
"I have to back out Amelia." He says which makes me frown in confusing. Back out of what?
"Of what?" I ask.
"I don't know what it is with you with Marshall but you just care to much." He says.
"Not this again." I sigh.
"I heard your conversation outside, I've seen how angry you've been about him and Jamie the whole day." He says. He listened to me and Marshall's conversation? "You shouldn't care so much Amelia. It clearly bothers you that him and Jamie.."
"It's our nanny!" I cut him off. "Doesn't it bother you?"
"No Amelia, you know why?" He asks and before I can answer he continues. - "because I don't care!"
"So I'm the only one who can just predict how it could turn out with him and Jamie if she gets some feelings caught up and.."
"It shouldn't be non of your business!" He cuts me off again. "It shouldn't be any of your interest what he's doing as long as it doesn't have something to do with Amy!"
"But it has something to with Amy." I frown.
"No it hasn't. This is your own personal issue Amelia." He says. "You embarrassed me in front of my family today. My family noticed, all people noticed."
"Ken, he shouldn't try to get some pussy on Amy's birthday." I try to explain to him.
"Did it affect Amy? No." he says. "He was here and he gave Amy the attention she needed. He flirted with Jamie and he had every right to do that, you shouldn't control what he does and i can't stand it anymore Amelia. You keep fucking up every relationship because of him, because of your obsession with him. You can't have a relationship as long as he's apart of your life and since you have Amy then it's not gonna change, which means that I'm out for good now."
"Ken.."
"I've made up my mind and it's only a waste of your time trying to talk me into staying. I've lost everything for you today. I'm tired of your lies, you lie to me, to people around you and not at least to yourself." He cuts me off.
"Are you not gonna be a apart of Amy's life either?" I begin to cry now.
"No." he says. "Amy should know the truth and me keep coming around will only make things worse. It's not fair to me, to Marshall or to Amy."
"She's gonna get so sad Ken." I cry. "I understand that you don't wanna have anything to do with me but Amy.."
"Amy will forget about me eventually." He cuts me off. "I need to start my own family, I need to be with a woman that I can trust."
"I've never given you a reason not to trust me." I frown.
"Lately you have." He says.
"How can this be so easy for you?" I cry. I'm heartbroken and it seems so easy for him to walk away from me and even Amy. I thought he thought of Amy as his own, if he did then he's damn cold hearted to walk away from her.
"Don't you think for one second that this is easy." He frowns and his voice shakes. "But I refuse to be humiliated Amelia."
"You won't." I promise him. I would never do that to him.
"Amy shouldn't grow up with this confusing, she should know the truth and know where she stands. I shouldn't continue this because I'm pretty sure that you'll never give me that child." He says. "And I'm not even sure if I want a child with you."
"What?" I frown in confusing.
"I can't compete with Marshall and I don't wanna be in a relationship where I'm the second choice just because you can't have Marshall." He says. It's not like that and I have no idea where all this suddenly comes from. I thought we were doing good but apparently not. This can't come from what he's seen today, no this must have been bottled up for awhile.
"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't wanna be with Marshall?!" I burst out now.
"You don't have to say it. It's become clear to everyone." He says. "I could tell that even Marshall was aware. He actually pointed it out outside. You shouldn't have your nose into his business because that's why you lose me."
"I'm not.."
"I better go now." He says and stands up.
"Ken please.."
"I'll be back in a few days to pick up my things." He just says and walks towards the door. I get up and run after him.
"Ken." I cry and overtakes him to block the door. "Think about Amy." I beg him.
"I am thinking about her." He says.
"She's gonna be devastated." I cry.
"She's gonna forget about me." He says once again. "But learn from this Amelia. I sure don't hope that you're gonna put another guy through this."
"Ken listen to me.."
"Amelia it's over. You can keep the house and the car but you have to stop being selfish and please let me go. You've put me through enough pain since Marshall walked back into your life." He says.
"But I love you." I whine.
"I know but you don't love me as you love Marshall and you gotta admit that." He says. He's right but that doesn't mean that I want him to go. I love Marshall because of our past and because he blessed me with Amy, no guy can ever compete with that.
"I love you." I cry and hug him. Ken hugs me back and kisses me on top of my head.
"I love you too but you understand why I need to do this, right?" He asks and I nod against his chest. I can't speak from all the crying that's stuck in my throat. "I wish things were different." He lifts my head and kisses my lips, I return the kiss and I don't wanna let go. He breaks the kiss and he just leaves. I slide down the wall and sit down on the floor and cry, I just cry and I have no idea how long I sit here and cry, but I don't care, I don't care about anything. Suddenly I see the sun go up, I've just been sitting here staring out in the room for the whole night. I'm so angry about everything right and mostly I'm just angry with Marshall and Jamie, I blame them.

To Jamie (06:08AM)
Don't come today. Don't come back ever. You'll get paid to the end of the month.