Chapter 42 Ken

We've been in New York a few days now, I've gone back to work and it's all good, almost at least. I still find it extremely weird that Amy doesn't ask about Ken and I miss Marshall. I wonder if he even misses me because he only calls to talk to Amy. Didn't that kiss mean anything to him? Doesn't he miss me? This is what I hate about Marshall; he always messes with my head! God! It's annoying.

Me, Rachel and Amy are now out grocery shopping and Amy has been a pain in the ass all day, it may sound harsh but every mother thinks her child is a pain in the ass sometimes. She just doesn't wanna listen today and she's uncontrollable!
"No Amy, I've already told you that you're not getting any candy." I hiss this time as I've already told her the same four times since we stepped in here.
"But mom.."
"No, Amy." I say strictly. Fuck I've forgot bread. "Shoot.. I forgot bread. Stay here." I tell Rachel and I run down to where the bread is but I stop completely when I suddenly see Ken standing there looking at bread as well. Fuck! Amy can't see him. I'm totally frozen and Ken must feel the staring because suddenly he looks at me and he seems just as surprised to see me here.
"Amelia." He says.
"Amy is here so she better not see you." I say right away.
"When did you come back to New York?" He asks.
"Why do you care?" I give him an attitude.
"Okay, I understand that you're angry with me but I wanna talk, alright? I need to talk to you." He says and I didn't expect that at all. I don't want anything to do with him. He can't just walk in and out of our life like that. What could he possibly want?
"No way Ken. I'm not doing this again." I shake my head.
"Please Amelia, just meet me for some coffee. I feel terrible about how we ended things." He begs.
"You should." I say. I don't care what he did to me but I'm more concerned about what he did to Amy.
"Please meet me up for some coffee." He begs once again.
"I'm not doing it because I wanna listen to anything you have to say but because I need to get some things off my chest." I say. I want to let him know how much he has broken Amy's heart, I want him to know how this has affected us but I also wanna hurt him and I just know how. I know he still has feelings for me, I can see that in the way he looks at me but I don't feel anything for him anymore. I despise him and he's a coward in my eyes, not because he broke up with me but because he walked out of Amy's life. I crush people who hurt my kid.
"Okay." He nods. "Tomorrow at my place?"
"What time?" I ask.
"Whatever fits you best."
"After Amy's bedtime." I say because then I don't have to lie to Amy.
"Alright." He says.
"Don't move for the next five minutes because I need to get Amy out before she sees you." I say and then I just walk back to Rachel. Of course Rachel is arguing with Amy because Amy still doesn't get what we're saying to her.
"We're going." I just say and begin to walk. "Let the groceries be."
"What's going on?" Rachel asks as she and Amy follow me.
"We're gonna find another place to shop." I tell her.
"Amelia, what's going on?" She asks.
"I'll explain later." I say.

We go to another store and get what we need and not many words are spoken. I understand that Rachel doesn't know what to say since she's probably wondering what's going on.
When we get home then I send Amy off to play so me and Rachel can talk shortly.
"What's going on?" She immediately asks when Amy is out of the way.
"I met Ken." I tell.
"Did he say anything to you?" She asks.
"Yes, he wants to drink coffee with me tomorrow night. Apparently he feels bad about the way we ended things." I tell her and roll my eyes.
"He should." She frowns.
"That's what I told him too." I say.
"So are you gonna drink coffee with him?" She asks.
"Yeah, but only because I have some things to say to him. I'm not doing it to listen to any of his bullshit." I say.
"Do you think it's a good idea?" Rachel asks softly.
"I honestly don't know but I want him to know what his choice has done to Amy." I say.
"Yes, I understand." Rachel says nodding.
"It's weird Rachel." I sigh. "I just wanted to choke him when he I saw him there. I despise him now and not because he hurt me but because he hurt Amy."
"I know how you're feeling." She says. I know that's how she must have felt with James, only ten times worse.
"I just wanna hurt him and it's scary." I admit.
"If you feel that way then you should maybe reconsider seeing him tomorrow." Rachel advises me.
"I don't wanna hurt him physically but emotionally." I clarify. "I'm just so angry." But we're now cut off by my phone ringing and I can see that it's Marshall.

"Hi." I say when I pick up the phone.
"Yo, is Amy there?" He asks right away as he always does. I really need Marshall right now because it kinda feels like he's the only one I can talk to about this besides Rachel.
"Can I talk to you first?" I ask as I go to my room.
"Sure, what's up?" He asks and I shut the door behind me.
"I ran into Ken today." I say.
"Was Amy with you?"
"Yes but luckily she didn't see him."
"Did he say anything to you?"
"Yes, he wants to meet for coffee tomorrow."
"Hopefully you said no." He says and I know he's gonna be angry now when I tell him.
"I said yes Marshall." I almost whisper.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?"
"I want him to know how his choice has affected Amy."
"Write him a fucking letter then."
"No I need to get it out of my system and I need to take my anger out on him."
"Why does he wanna see you?"
"Because he's sorry that we ended things so badly."
"What if he wants to get back together?"
"That's not gonna happen." I say. I don't want him walking into our lives again when I've already told Amy that he ain't gonna be there.
"I swear if you sleep with him Amelia then you're never gonna get a chance with me." He says angrily and this kinda makes me happy because he finally shows some emotions.
"I'm in love with you Marshall and I want us to get back together. I'm not gonna throw all that on the floor." I assure him.
"I hope not."
"Are you jealous?" I giggle.
"Can I talk to Amy now?"
"Answer my question." I say.
"You already know the answer."
"Do you want me to call you when I've drank coffee with him?" I ask.
"Do what you want." He says coldly and I hate when he shuts all his emotions out like this.
"No don't give me that." I say. "What do you want?"
"Yeah, just call me afterwards." He sighs. "Can I talk to Amy now? I'm kinda in a hurry."
"Sure." I say and walk out to find Amy.

Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you liked it. We all know how Amelia intends to hurt Ken and what do you think about that? Do you think it's fair or is it a bad idea?