Chapter 13 Going home

Next morning

I hear the front door open and Marshall comes walking into the bedroom where I pack the last of me and Amy's stuff.
"Yo." He says and I look at him.
"Hi." I say smiling but I get no smile back. So much for being polite..
"Where's Amy?" He asks.
"In the living room." I say. Marshall turns around and am about to walk out of the room when I stop him. "Can we talk about something?" He turns around again and looks at me with an irritated look.
"Haven't we talked enough?" He asks. Something bothers me.
"I'm sorry for being selfish, I'm sorry that I didn't even call you when you went to rehab and I'm sorry that I always walk out on you." I apologize now realizing that there was some truth in what he said yesterday.
"What difference does it make now?" He asks. I fucking knew that he would react like that on my apology.
"Nothing but I just wanna let you know that I'm sorry." I say.
"Why talk about it? It is what it is. I don't know why you always have to bring shit up cus honestly Amelia.. It just makes me more pissed at you because you remind me of what a fucking bitch you've been." He frowns.
"Because I need to get it off my chest Marshall." I say trying to make him understand.
"So you can feel better about yourself?" He chuckles sarcastically as he shakes is head. "Just don't Amelia cus I don't wanna hear your bullshit apologies and I don't wanna listen to your fucking guilt so you can feel better." He says before I can answer him.
"Fine Marshall, I'm done trying to apologize because apparently you're just as immature as you were 6, fucking even 15 years ago." I say angrily.
"Yeah it seems like nothing has change in the last 15 years. I'm still an immature asshole and you're still a psychotic lying bitch who bails on people who loves you." He says.
"Keep going with that shit Marshall." I say and get in his face now. "And it will have consequences."
"Like I said; threats don't work on me." He says not even moving an inch. "I know there ain't shit you can do Amelia cus I know you won't want the whole world to know that you gave birth to my daughter in all secret."
"And I know you won't want the whole world to know how you fucking cheated on me." I say.
"I don't give a fuck Amelia." He chuckles evilly.
"Stop being a bitch Marshall and get over yourself because you know that I'm not taking any bullshit." I say looking at him with that look so he knows that I'm serious.
"And neither do I." He says and leaves the bedroom.

The drive to the airport is very quiet and awkward and I'm just very happy when we get dropped off in the airport.
When we get off the flight, I immediately spot Ken who's standing there with a bag of Amy's favorite candy and a big bouquet of flowers for me. Amy runs over to Ken and he lifts her up and spins her around.
"Hi baby." Ken says.
"Hi daddy." She says and Ken now looks at me.
"Hi my love." He says and kisses me. I've missed him so much and I just wanna have him spin me around but right now Amy needs the attention the most.
Ken carries Amy out to the car with me right behind him and I can already feel how good it feels to be home. When I get into the car, I feel Ken laying his hand on my thigh while he has the other one on the wheel. I know that he knows how good I feel about coming home, as he knows how difficult this weekend has been for me.
"How was your weekend Amy?" Ken asks her driving out of the airport.
"Daddy! It was so cool, Marshall's house was so cool! He had a swimming pool, inside and outside and he had a music studio!" Amy tells him excited.
"Wow! That sounds really cool." Ken chuckles. I know that he's playing excited for Amy's sake, I know how hard all this is for him.
"Did you know that he's making music daddy?" She asks him. So I guess Marshall told her.
"I did." Ken says.
"And you became really good friends with Whitney, right?" I change the subject so it isn't about Marshall.
"Yes, she was so sweet." Amy says.
"I'm glad that you had a great weekend." Ken says and he now looks at me. "Are you okay?" He whispers and I nod. I'm more than okay, I'm home again and I'm with Ken. My phone now rings and I see Tasha's caller ID on the phone.

"Hi." I say.
"Were you just in Detroit for a whole weekend without visiting us?" She asks angrily. Did she expect that I would have the time to visit them with the purpose I had in this weekend?
"Yes but for good reasons." I say.
"To visit Marshall? Because you couldn't have stop by quickly to say hi?"
"No Tasha, I couldn't." I say getting pissed about the fact that she's pissing off at me right now.
"Are you still pissed about what Lucas did?"
"No Tasha, I just didn't have the time."
"Of course not." She says which is clearly sarcastic.
"Be pissed all you want Tasha but I'm fucking telling the truth." I say.
"Mommy is cursing." Amy says to Ken which makes Ken look at me with a strict look.
"Well.. I just wanted to let you know that I'm pregnant but who cares." She says pissed.
"You're pregnant?" I gasp.
"Yeah and if you had visited us this weekend then I would have told you all about it."
"Tasha.."
"Fuck you." She says and hangs up.

I sure hope that she's just fuck up on hormones and will be okay again. I look at Ken now who looks at me confused.
"She's pregnant." I say.
"Yeah I heard." He says.
"And she's angry because me and Amy didn't visit her and Lucas." I say.
"Call Lucas later and talk about it baby." He says and I will. I know that it sounds mean but I couldn't care less about Tasha's attitude right now because I'm home, I'm with Ken, Amy is home and we're all together now. I'm happy after an awful weekend so no.. I don't care that she's pissed right now. I do wanna hear more about her pregnancy but if she's gonna be so pissed then let her, I know she'll come around.
"Yeah." I say smiling.

We get home and we have a nice dinner, Amy is happy to be home and it's obvious that she's missed Ken. I know that Marshall is sorry that he's never gonna have what her and Ken has but that's just how it is. I do feel bad for him because I know that his situation isn't funny, I know it breaks his heart but he destroyed so much back then and I wouldn't let him destroy anything else in my future. I know for sure that I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I know I would've been miserable with Marshall and I don't deserve that. One thing sticks in my head though, one of those many things he said sticks.. It's about what he said that I didn't even call to check on him after he nearly died. I felt like it when I heard about it but I never did. Why didn't I? I feel awful now knowing that it meant something to him. But would it have done any good for me? I had a new life and a very new boyfriend. I would probably have dropped everything if he asked me to be there for him because that's what I do, I drop everything when Marshall needs me.

Hi guys! Sorry for let you waiting for almost a week on an update. So much is going on in my private life right now and there's a lot to take care of. I love writing and I love my books so I'm not kidding, when I say that I have new ideas in my mind all the time and I take every minute that I have to write, because I really love it. I love the support from you guys and that's why I feel so freaking bad when I don't have the time for you :( I hope you liked the chapter and that y'all are doing good <3 don't forget to vote and comment.