Chapter 12 A weekend in Detroit part 3

It's about 9pm when I finally hear Marshall and Amy walk into the house. I've been sitting on the phone with Ken for an hour or so and for the rest of the time I've just been waiting. Marshall can really make me feel devastated and I want him to stop doing that. I know that he's mad at me but he needs to stop being so mean. My plan is to sit down and talk with Marshall about all this, because we need to solve this for the sake of Amy. Me and Amy will never travel to Detroit again if the weekend is gonna be like this one. Him and his family need to be nicer to me, they need to show me some respect just for the sake of Amy.
I walk out to the front door where Marshall helps Amy taking off her jacket, he gives me a short cold look when Amy walks over to me.
"Did you have fun?" I ask her and she just nods. She's clearly very tired and it's also over her bedtime now.
"We were in my studio, right?" Marshall says to her.
"You were?" I ask excited and she nods. I don't know if Marshall has told her that he works with music then.
"And then you sang on the mic." Marshall says.
"Wow, that's cool." I say and she just rubs her eyes. She's very tired and she needs to go to bed now, but I don't know how to say to Marshall that I want him to stay so we can talk. "Should we just get you to bed?" I ask Amy.
"Can Marshall read me a bedtime story?" Amy asks which is actually perfect because then me and Marshall can talk afterwards.
"You can ask him." I say which makes Amy look at him,
"Will you?" She asks shyly.
"Of course baby." He says. I say goodnight to Amy and Marshall takes her to her room. I just sit in the living room and wait for him so we can talk. I'm nervous because I know Marshall's temper and how strong in his words he is, I know how mean he can get and I know how much he can hurt my feelings.

After some time I hear his footsteps leave the room that Amy is sleeping in and I hear them come towards the living room, not the front door which is a relieve because I wouldn't like that I would have to chaise him. He appears in the doorway and he leans against the doorframe.
"Do you want a ride to the airport tomorrow?" He asks.
"That's really up to you." I say.
"I can drive you." He says and I just nod. "Then Imma be here at 9:30 tomorrow morning." He says and pushes his shoulder off the doorframe getting ready to leave.
"Can we talk?" I ask and he looks at me surprised but also irritated. "Please." I beg.
"What do you wanna talk about?" He asks.
"Earlier."
"I think you said what needed to be said." He says.
"No, I didn't mean to be so harsh on you but I don't know how to make you understand." I say.
"I will never understand your decision." He says.
"Try." I say.
"No." He refuses. "How the fuck could you even have sex with me at Deshaun's funeral and still lie to me like that?"
"It wasn't easy but Marshall.. You were even worse there than when I left you." I say.
"Wonder why Amelia. My best friend had just died." He frowns.
"I know but would you have been ready to take an one year old kid into your life?" I ask.
"Yeah.. She's mine and I wouldn't had bailed on her, you should know that." He says.
"But I doubt that you would've the surplus to take care of her." I say.
"My kids are fine, aren't they?" He frowns.
"Yes but.."
"This has nothing to do with my parenting skills, this has something to do with the fact that I've never fit into your perfect little illusion of life." He says.
"You know that's not true." I say. He was everything that I wanted until I found out what he did behind my back. I can't believe that he's giving me that bullshit since he was the one who felt the need to be with other girls.
"You had a problem with my new life from the very start Amelia." He says.
"It was a big step for me but I adjusted to it. Apparently it was you who had a hard time adjusting to me since you felt the need to cheat." I say.
"Maybe because I knew that you would pull another trick behind my back." He says. I can't believe him! He texted me the day I Detroit that he knew that this breakup was his fault and he had hurt me, he told me the same shit at Deshaun's funeral and now he's putting the blame on me.
"I can't believe how fucking corny you are Marshall!" I raise my voice. "At least the fucked up Marshall could see why I left."
"I can see why you left but I can't see why you gave birth to my daughter behind my back." He says.
"Marshall." I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair feeling the urge to pull it out. "I'm done explaining this to you because apparently you don't get it, but I just want this to work because it'll be better for Amy. If next time is gonna be like this time then we're never gonna come to Detroit again."
"When do you learn that threats won't work on me?" He frowns.
"I'm not threatening you, I'm just saying that you need to sit down and talk with your family or else the companionship will happen at Rachel from now on." I explain.
"What did you expect Amelia?" He frowns. "Did you expect the kids to be all happy and throw their arms around you after you abandoned them?" Abandoned them? Is he fucking crazy?!
"Abandoned them?!" I yell. "I didn't fucking abandoned them you fucking asshole!"
"You never said goodbye, you just left." He says. It was something I needed to do, I needed to get away from him and I couldn't look back, that wasn't an option.
"You expected me to stay after what you did to me? Did you really expect that I wanted to be under the same roof as  you after that?" I ask.
"No but I expected you to say goodbye to the girls considering how close you were and how much they loved you." He says.
"If I had done that then I would've went back." I say.
"That's no excuse." He says coldly.
"Fine, but let's take it from where we stand because we need this to work and you need to accept the fact that Ken is gonna be a part of this too." I say.
"I am Amelia but I don't want him here with my family." He says.
"He's a part of it Marshall!" I say frustrated.
"Oh sorry.. Is he her father?" He provokes me.
"He's the one Amy sees as her father." I make it once again clear to him. "Do it for Amy's sake."
"Fine, Imma try but it ain't gonna be here in Detroit at first." He says.
"Maybe we should arrange a day with Amy, you, Ken and I." I suggest.
"Fuck.. I hate the sound of that." He sighs.
"She needs to see that you and Ken can get along because she ain't stupid." I say.
"Yeah, alright.. Fine." He sighs.
"Thank you." I say and he stands there for a bit, I really expected him to just leave now.
"This whole situation is fucked up." He sighs.
"It is." I agree.
"I have so twisted feelings about this." He says.
"What do you mean?" I ask confused.
"I'm really sorry about what I put you through but on the other hand I hate you for what you did to me." He says. It's nice to hear that he's still sorry through his anger.
"I know."
"And I'm not only talking about Amy." He admits which makes me confused and I look at him confused. "I also hate you for leaving me when I needed you the most."
"Marshall I couldn't handle more of your destruction." I say.
"But it still hurt like fucking hell." He says.
"It hurt me too." I say.
"Then how the fuck could you leave me caring my child?" He asks but before I can answer he speaks again. "How the fuck could you leave me behind when Deshaun died?"
"I had too. I had Amy." I say.
"You knew damn well that you were the only one who could help me man." He says.
"You have no idea how hard it was for me to leave you." I say feeling my eyes tearing up. "I had Amy and I couldn't tell you about her."
"I almost fucking died and you didn't even bother to call me." He says.
"I couldn't." I cry now.
"You actually could!" He raises his voice.
"Marshall you caused me too much pain, I couldn't go back and I would've done that if I was gonna help you." I cry.
"Once again you were being selfish." He rolls his eyes.
"Yes but I've learned that I need to be selfish to surrender." I admit.
"And then you'll end up dying alone." He says.
"So you're never selfish?" I ask as I know he is.
"Not to the people I care about." He says.
"You were selfish to me."
"No because I would never had let you battle a rehabilitation alone." He says.
"I had a new life." I say.
"Every time you get a new life then it always includes leaving me behind." He says and I don't say anything because he's kinda right. "And that's why I've learned my fucking lesson with you. You're fucking toxic." He says and leaves. But what he doesn't get is; we're toxic to each other.

Hi guys :) hoped you like the chapter. Do you think that Marshall has his right to be angry or what? And what do you think is gonna happen when Marshall and Ken are gonna spend some serious time together? Comment and vote, please <3