Chapter 7

"Where are your friends?" Macy asked.

"They left already and will meet us there." Sergio answered.

He kind of wished that Macy and his friends had stayed at the club. He wanted to give Audrey all of his attention, with few distractions. His intentions were only to get to know her. She was special. He knew that the first time he looked in her eyes. Audrey ran her fingers through her hair, causing the intoxicating scent of the perfume she was wearing to waft through the cab. He quickly realized that his intentions could go in a much different direction if he wasn't careful. It was probably a good thing that his friends were already on their way to his house and that Macy was in this cab. Besides, Audrey didn't seem like the kind of girl that would give herself to just anybody. For that, he was thankful.

The back and forth banter between the two girls brought Sergio back to reality and away from his thoughts. They were laughing about something that Macy had said, but he had missed it.

"So, Sergio is your apartment ready for two girls. Bachelors aren't usually the best house keepers." Macy asked, glancing to the other side of the car.

"Well, it is a house. Not an apartment" he chuckled. "I am confident that both of you will find it sufficient for an evening of relaxation." They were in for a surprise if they were expecting a dirty, run down apartment. 

"House, huh? What do you do for a living?" Macy asked.

The cab came to a stop and Sergio jumped out before he had to answer, much to his relief. If they didn't know who he was and what he did, then he would keep it that way for a little while longer. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it a secret once they met back up with the guys, though.

The guys were waiting by the gate. The three of them walked over to where the four men were waiting for Sergio to enter the code so that they could make their way to the house.

Audrey was a little amazed at the size of the gate. It was surely designed to provide privacy for the residents of the home. Was this really where Sergio lived?

"What are you, a drug lord or something?" Macy asked, as the group stepped inside the gate and walked up the driveway, towards the house. Sergio's friends broke out into laughter, but nobody answered the question that Macy had posed.

This wasn't a house. This dwelling was more like a mansion, Audrey thought to herself. What had she gotten herself into? This man was surely out of her league. But why did she care? All he had done was invited her here for some drinks, it wasn't like he had asked her to marry him or something. She had absolutely no reason to care, but she did. She was drawn to this man in a way she had never been drawn to another man before. There was no reason to be ashamed of that. It had almost been a year since she and Jake had broken up. What harm could come from spending time with this breathtaking man? She could use some attention from someone that was out of her league. After all, she was supposed to be celebrating her birthday tonight and she intended to do just that. She had no idea what Sergio did for a living, but from the looks of his home, he was more than just out of her league.

The group went straight to the back yard. It was lit up, revealing a beautiful patio area and an amazing pool and hot tub. On the patio, there was a bar and Karim was already behind it, mixing up drinks, as Marcelo made his way to the stereo system that was housed near the bar. Music soon filled the night air. 

"Wow...this is beautiful!" Audrey exclaimed.

"Thank you." Sergio replied.

"Is this really your house?"

"Yeah." he said, with a small laugh.

Before they could continue the conversation, Karim walked up and handed them each a drink.

"Mojitos. Drink em' up." Karim said, as he turned and walked in Macy's direction.

"I think Karim likes your friend."

"Well if I know Macy, she likes your friend as well. He is definitely her type. We may have to keep our eye on them" Audrey laughed.

Sergio looked back at her, his face turning serious.

"Or we could let them do whatever they want. That way, I can have you all to myself. I want to talk to you until the sun comes up. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, especially after what happened earlier at the club with that douche bag. I'm not trying to seduce you or anything like that. I just want to get to know you."

Audrey looked up at him, surprise written all over her face. 

"Why would you want to talk to me until the sun comes up? I am not that interesting and there really isn't much here to get to know. You will probably be bored of me by midnight."

"Because you are the most beautiful and intriguing person I think I have ever met, Audrey. I realize I just met you a few hours ago and that may be a little forward to say, but it's true. I can't explain how happy it made me when you agreed to come here. By the way, midnight is ten minutes away. There is no way I will be bored of you in ten minutes," he stated as he gently put his arm around her.

"I am happy that you invited me." she said, her voice trailing off.

She couldn't pull her eyes from his. He really thought she was beautiful? Sergio was the kind of man that could have any woman he pleased. She was sure all he had to do was say the word and any woman of his choosing would be putty in his hands. Yet, here she sat. She was the woman that was quickly becoming the putty in his hands.