Chapter 51

Jake burst outside, ripping his tie from his neck in a fit of rage. He couldn't believe that Ramos guy had the balls to antagonize him that way. Blowing him a kiss, what the fuck is that, Jake asked himself. Lover boy is lucky security was there, he thought. Jake would have loved to knock him around a bit. He probably thought that by getting him kicked out of the gala, that Jake would actually leave. Jake knew that he had been thrown out of the event, but this was far from over. Audrey would be his again and when she was, they would return to California and she would forget all about the football player. 

He wondered if Camila even knew that he wasn't coming back. He decided he should let her know that the plan for the night was spoiled. Besides, he didn't trust her. She would probably try something stupid and then they would both be in deep shit. Pulling his phone out, he decided to text her.

JAKE: I GOT KICKED OUT

CAMILA: WHAT DO YOU MEAN KICKED OUT?

JAKE: I MEAN THAT MOTHERFUCKER RAMOS HAD ME KICKED OUT...SECURITY SAID I HAD TO LEAVE

CAMILA: SERIOUSLY??? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW???

JAKE: WE ARE GOING TO DO NOTHING...IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT

CAMILA: NO!!! I AM SICK OF WAITING...THE LONGER WE WAIT THE HARDER IT IS GOING TO BE!!!

JAKE: I REALIZE THAT BUT IT IS LOOKING LIKE WE SHOULD JUST GIVE UP FOR THE NIGHT

CAMILA: NOOOO!!! GROW A FUCKING PAIR JAKE!!! WE HAVE TO DO THIS!! EITHER YOU HELP ME OR I DO IT MYSELF....MY WAY!!!

Jake rolled his eyes. His patience with Camila was beginning to run very low. She didn't think things through. The original plan tonight was to get Audrey alone with him and he would pull out all of the charm he had used on her for so many years. The same charm, that always reeled her back in every time she wanted to leave after Jake had done something to upset her or she heard that he was cheating. Yeah he was cheating, but he had always been able to convince her otherwise. After he had charmed her, he would have kissed her, making it look like there was more going on than just the kiss. Camila was to make sure that Sergio walked in at that very moment and that it would be enough for the rest of their scheme to work. Now however, they would have to think of something else. 

JAKE: JUST COME OUTSIDE...LET'S FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT

****

Camila rose from the table and made her way to Audrey's table. The whole table looked like they were having a good time. Everyone was laughing and Sergio was holding Audrey close, pressing a kiss to Audrey's cheek when she walked up. She really wanted to reach for the glass of water in front of her and throw it in the blonde bitch's face, but she had to hold it together. There was no use in showing all of her cards now. She had to put on a sweet face and win them over, or they would know something was up. 

"Hey, Audrey?" she spoke, trying to hide the hatred from her voice.

"Oh, hey Camila! Things seem to be going well so far. Thanks for helping set up this afternoon. The ballroom looks amazing!" Audrey answered, smiling sweetly at the woman. She had been able to relax since Sergio had told her that Jake had left. 

"Yeah...no problem...but hey, I just got a call and there has been a family emergency and I need to leave. That isn't going to cause any problems is it?" 

"Oh no! I hope everything is alright! No, don't worry about it. I think we can manage. Please, let me know if you need anything, Camila." 

"Your boyfriend...I need your boyfriend, bitch." Camila mumbled under her breath as she walked away from the table and out of the ballroom. 

She hustled into the hallway. The quicker she got out of the building and she and Jake left, the better. They were going to have to quit playing so nice. If they wanted to succeed in breaking Sergio and Audrey up, they would have to get serious. Just as she was about to exit the building, a hand reached out and grabbed her arm. 

"Camila is it?" 

"Yeah" she answered, turning around to see who was asking. She ran into the solid chest of Karim and he didn't look too pleased.

"What are you doing, Camila?"

"What do you mean? I have an emergency that I must attend too, so I am leaving. Were you not paying attention when I spoke to Audrey?" She said.

"Oh, I was paying attention. I just don't think you were telling the truth. Word on the street is your little boyfriend got kicked out...you know the one I laid out in a hotel lobby. The same one that happens to be one of my best friend's girlfriend's ex."

Camila didn't say anything. She was fully aware that Karim was beginning to figure out what her and Jake were doing. She stared up at him, trying to think of something that would dissolve the situation.

"I also don't think that the two if you magically met and fell in love in Columbus." he continued. 

"We did...I met him at the hotel bar that night...we decided to give the long distance thing a try." Camila answered, avoiding Karim's eyes. 

"Well, that would be a great story to tell the grand kids some day, but you know that long distance relationships rarely work...right? Especially when they involve thousands of miles."

"Why do you care if Jake and I can handle a long distance relationship?" she asked, unsure of where he was going with all of this. 

"Oh, I don't give two shits about Jake, but I actually have a friend...well a teammate...that was talking about you the other day. Apparently he saw you at one of the youth camps and was thinking of asking you out...but if you are in a relationship with Jake...and trying to make the whole long distance thing work, then I guess it doesn't matter. I will just tell him I found out who you were and that you are taken." His face stayed even as Camila stared back at him. 

"Oh really? Do I know this friend of yours?" 

"Everyone knows Isco...but it doesn't matter, seeing as how you are in a committed relationship, right?"

Camila contemplated what Karim was saying. Yeah, Sergio would be a great catch because he was gorgeous, but Isco had the tall, dark, and handsome thing going for him. Honestly, she didn't really care who the football player was, as long as she was on the arm of one. 

"Well, I mean...I wouldn't say we are committed. It is kind of a complicated situation. It wouldn't hurt to maybe go on one date with Isco." she smiled at Karim. 

"Yeah, I am sure it wouldn't hurt a thing. You just told me all I needed to hear, Camila. Get the fuck out of here...and tell your "boyfriend" that if I see him anywhere that Audrey may be, I will kick the living shit out of him. Seriously, leave Audrey and Sergio alone. You both are scum."

Camila watched as Karim turned and returned towards the ballroom. She was so stupid. She had literally just gave them up. Everything was ruined and it was all her fault.