Chapter 46

The morning sun was bright and heating up the day quickly. Audrey and Sergio were enjoying a lazy morning on the patio and Audrey had set up a nice breakfast of fresh fruit, croissants, coffee, and fresh squeezed orange juice. She felt like she was in heaven and wanted to enjoy this relaxing time that her and Sergio had before their schedules once again got crazy. The Foundation's gala was a week away and there was still so much to do. Sergio's schedule would also fill up quickly with the Super Cup coming up and the La Liga season starting soon after that.  

"These strawberries are delectable." Sergio said. 

"Yes, they are. They are so sweet and juicy. I found them at a little farmers market yesterday. I will have to go back and get more." 

Sergio gazed at Audrey seductively, slowly licking the red juice from his lips. 

"They are almost as delectable as you...I think I will save you the trouble of going back to the market and I will just have more of you, love." 

"You mean you didn't get enough last night?" Audrey responded. She focused on his lips, wishing she had been the one to rid them of the sweetness. 

"Never. I will never get enough of you, Audrey. You leave me craving more." He answered, slowly putting another strawberry to his lips and taking a bite. 

Audrey's breath caught and she squirmed slightly in her chair. After their fun in the pool the night before, they had gone upstairs and made love again. They had awoke this morning, both still ravenous for each other. They simply couldn't get enough. 

"You are simply insatiable, Ramos." she said, grinning at him. She wouldn't let on that she too, was unable to get enough of him. She had never felt so passionate about being with another person in her life, nor had she ever felt so desired. 

"Oh, you satisfy me just fine. It's just that you satisfy me so well, that I can't get enough." He grinned, raising his eyebrows. 

"Well, I have to get some things done today, so you will just have to lock it up for a while. Besides it hurts to walk." She teased. She stood up and began to clear the breakfast dishes. As she turned to make her way into the house with the dishes, she laughed to herself. She was only mildly kidding about it being uncomfortable to walk. She could definitely go another round or two with Sergio, but she did have things to do, so the fun would have to wait. 

Immediately upon thinking about her main task of the day, her face fell and anxiety crept into the pit of her stomach. The look of dread must have been apparent on her face, because Sergio noticed as soon as he walked in the door, carrying the remaining items from the table outside. 

"What is wrong?" he asked, startling her.

"Nothing." She said, turning the water on in the sink. She really didn't want to bother him with her problems. They were her problems after all and she needed to handle them her self. 

"You said that last night and if whatever it is, is still bothering you this morning, then it really isn't nothing....now is it Audrey. Come on...out with it." 

Tears began pooling in her eyes. 

"I can't do this..."

"Can't do what?" Sergio asked, worry casting a shadow in his dark eyes.

"This whole gala thing."

"What do you mean you can't do this whole gala thing? It's your job...you don't really have a choice." The expression on his face softened as he realized that it wasn't something serious and he let a small laugh escape his lips. Audrey rolled her eyes and he knew that whatever was bothering her wasn't funny to her.