Chapter 28

Audrey and Macy stood in front of the San Siro Stadium in Milan, Italy, with wide eyes. They couldn't believe how massive it looked and it definitely had an intimidation factor going for it. The girls were decked out in the appropriate gear, with Audrey wearing "#4 Sergio Ramos" and Macy in a "#9 Benzema" jersey.

Even though neither of them knew much about football, they were excited to watch Sergio and Karim play. Sergio had said that the Champions League Final was the most important game of the season and Audrey knew that it had taken a lot of hard work for Real Madrid to make it here today. The girls had been studying the basics of football the past couple of days, so that they weren't completely clueless and they knew that it would be an exciting 90 minutes once the match started.

Audrey led the way down to their seats. They had asked that they sit in normal seats and not in a box or lounge with other wives and girlfriends. Audrey and Macy wanted the whole experience and didn't think they would get that if they were sequestered away watching the match privately. They also didn't want to deal with the "new girlfriend attention" they were sure they would have received. Sergio and Karim had understood their reasons, but they were still sitting in the first row, down by one of the goals, practically on the pitch.

"Wow! This is freaking close!" Macy exclaimed, taking her seat.

"Yeah it is. We shouldn't miss any of the action."

The pre-match festivities were entertaining, and Audrey felt her heart pounding with excitement when the teams took the field. Sergio, as Captain, had led Real Madrid out, holding the hand of a child. Seeing him had made her heart beat even harder. She was about to see what it was that he did, what made him who was. She couldn't wait.

When the match started, the energy in the stadium was electric. There was no other way to describe it. The roar of the crowd alone, made the whole stadium vibrate. Both girls watched with anticipation, wanted their men and the rest of the team to do well and pull out a win.

At the fifteen minute mark, Real Madrid scored! Sergio was the player that was able to boot the ball into the goal after Gareth Bale attempted to head it in. Immediately, Sergio ran in Audrey's direction, jumping and flexing his muscles directly in front of her. He shot her a wink, which luckily went unnoticed by almost everyone except Macy. The excitement he shown in his celebration was powerful and it quickly turned to raw emotion when his teammates joined in his celebration. Macy and Audrey were screaming at the top of their lungs, overcome in the exhilaration of the goal.

Watching Sergio perform on the pitch, doing what he loved showed Audrey a whole new side of him. A side of him she had never seen. He was always so gentle, loving, and sweet. Here though, he was none of those things. Sergio was aggressive, dominant, and commanding. She was a little turned on, seeing this "other" side of him.

Atletico Madrid scored in the second half, with the score being equal at 1-1. The match moved into extra time and neither team was able to put the ball in the goal, so the match would be decided by penalties. Emotions of the fans, players, and officials were running high.

Real Madrid would shoot first, and Lucas Vazquez shot accurately past the goalie, pulling them ahead. Griezmann answered with a goal for Atletico. Audrey and Macy held on to one another as they watched Marcelo shoot successfully for Real Madrid and Gabi quickly doing the same for the opposition. Gareth Bale and Saul Niguez were also able to keep both teams even.

Sergio stepped up and set up for his attempt. Audrey held her breath, the stress of the situation making her want to pass out. Sergio began his approach, pausing slightly and making contact with the ball. It sailed into the goal! Screaming and jumping up and down, Audrey watched as Sergio celebrated and pointed directly at her, dedicating the important goal to her. The next Atletico player, Juanfran shot and the ball bounced off the post. Real Madrid fans erupted in screams. Ronaldo stepped up, ready to put the match to rest. His shot went past the goalie. Real Madrid had won! Macy and Audrey yelled and conducted their own celebration, before they were pulled onto the field by Sergio and Karim.

"We did it, baby!" Sergio cried. He lifted her off the ground, spinning her around as he kissed her. Flash bulbs went off all around her. He sat her back on the ground and continued the celebration with his team.

As Audrey watched him raise the trophy as Captain, with his team, her heart swelled with pride. She was so proud of him. Their relationship was still so new to her, but experiencing this moment with him, solidified how much she had grown to love him. He was quite possibly the most important person in her life and seeing him so happy only made her love for him stronger.