Chapter 9

The brightness of the morning woke Sergio. Opening his eyes, he realized that he was still outside and Audrey was still cuddled at his side. He watched her sleep, recalling the events of the night before. The drunk man at the bar, Karim and Macy being all over each other, but most importantly becoming intrigued by this beautiful woman that now slept at his side. She was special. So special that she had even inserted herself into his dreams. No, he hadn't dreamt of her, but had dreamt of elephants. Adorable freaking elephants. The thought made him laugh out loud which caused Audrey to stir next to him. She looked confused for a moment until she realized where she was.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning. What time is it?"

Sergio looked at his watch.

"A little after 9:30." he answered.

Audrey sat up, running her fingers through her hair.  She was suddenly extremely self conscious, sure that she looked ridiculous. She had slept in a lawn chair for heavens sake. That surely didn't make her ready for a "I woke up like this" selfie. Thinking back to the night before, she smiled inwardly as she thought about sleeping in Sergio's arms.

"I would like you to know that because of you, I was plagued with dreams of adorable elephants all night. Baby elephants to be exact." he said, shooting her a crooked grin.

"Then that means you had very pleasant and sweet dreams." returning his grin.

'"Oh yeah! If I recall, I am in the company of a birthday girl! I am going to make you breakfast."

"You really don't have to do that."

"I insist."

"I guess if you insist, then who am I to argue." Audrey said with a laugh.

"Besides, I am sure the love birds inside wouldn't mind some breakfast."

Sergio led the way into the house. She still had a hard time believing that this was his house. Making it into the kitchen, Audrey sat on a stool at the counter. Sergio left the room and returned a few minutes later.

"Karim and Macy aren't here."

"What do you mean they aren't here? We both saw them walk into the house."

"Maybe they went out the front."

Audrey pulled out her phone and saw a text message from Macy.

MACY: CALLED A CAB AND WENT TO KARIM"S. WE WILL CATCH UP IN THE MORNING. HAVE FUN, AUD ;)

"They went to Karim's house."

"Oh, well at least they didn't get busy on my couch." Sergio said with a smile and a wink in Audrey's direction.

He really needs to stop doing that Audrey thought to herself. Every time he winked at her, hell, who was she kidding, every time he even smiled at her she felt like she could melt into a puddle at any moment.

"Do you think you could take me back to my hotel so that I can shower and change? Then maybe we could just go get breakfast."

"Sure. I will go change real quick and then we will go."

Sergio left the kitchen and bounded up the stairs. Walking into the master suite, he stripped his clothes off from the night before. He went straight into the en suite bathroom and turned on the shower. Washing quickly, he stepped out of the shower and dried off. Throwing on jeans and a t-shirt he headed back downstairs.

Grabbing the keys to his Audi RS 5, he headed back into the kitchen.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

Walking out of the front door, Sergio was glad that the Audi RS 5 was the car parked in the driveway.  It was much more modest than the others that were in the garage. Walking around to the passenger side, he opened the door for Audrey.

Getting in the drivers seat, he asked where she was staying. She answered him and he knew that the Hotel Preciados was just a few blocks from the club that they were at last night. He also knew that it was a very expensive hotel. What exactly was Audrey doing in Madird? That specific hotel seemed a little too ritzy for a vacation stay.

****

"Why don't I walk down the street and grab breakfast while you shower. I can bring it back and we can enjoy it here."

Sergio was afraid if they went out, that there would be unwanted attention. He was going to tell Audrey that he was Captain of Real Madrid, but he didn't want to have to do it because there was a paparazzi chasing them down the street during breakfast. It was best if they stayed in the in the privacy of the hotel room for now.  The valet and the door man had almost caused a scene when they had arrived, but Sergio had kept his head down so he didn't think that Audrey had even noticed.

"That sounds good. I shouldn't be long." Audrey answered as she headed into the bathroom.

Sergio left the room and went on the search for breakfast, hoping he could make it back to Audrey without drawing too much attention to himself. The media would have a field day if they caught him going in and out of the Hotel Preciados.

****

Audrey's phone was ringing when she got out of the shower. She wrapped herself in the robe that was hanging in the bathroom.  Peeking her head out of the bathroom, she saw that Sergio was still gone. Picking up her phone she answered the call from Macy.

"Hey, Mace. Have fun last night?" she teased.

"Actually, yes...yes I did. I should ask you the same thing." she returned.

"We talked and we slept. That was it, but it was amazing all the same." she chuckled.

"Well, we didn't sleep that much, but we can talk about that later. Karim and I are going to hang out here for a bit. The reason I called though, is because your on the front page of the sports page in the newspaper."

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"Well, I am positive it has more to do with Sergio than you."

"Why do you say that?"

"Audrey...just ask him who he is. Ask him what he does for a living. It will all make sense then."