The love of us: Funeral

Devyn's P.O.V.- After I drove back to the house last night, Dammion went straight upstairs and got in the bed.

I told Aubrey and JaMarcus what happened, they both were shocked and really upset about it like everyone else.  They both even tried to console Dammion and say things to him but he didn't even look at them, he just silently cried......

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to look at him, I really hate to see him hurt like this.

Dammion' s face was red and his eyes were swole from all that crying.

He slowly opened his eyes "Did it really happen?" His voice was really raspy.

I sighed at his question "Yes babe, it really happened."

"How am I going to get through this?" He asked looking in my eyes.

"You have to remember that she's in a much better place now, she doesn't have to hurt anymore. Babe God will never put more on you than you can bear." I grabbed his hand.

"Thank you for sticking by my side.  I swear you get me through so much shit." He smiled a little.

"No need to thank me, I made a promise to you and I take it serious." I yawned.

"I love you Devyn." He kissed my lips.

"I love you too."

We were heading to Dammion's Aunt Hope's house to talk about funeral arrangements.

We both got dressed I wore a pair of black pants, a pink shirt with Nicki Minaj on it, and some simple black boots because it was raining outside, my hair was in a french braid, and I had on the diamond earrings Dammion bought me.

Dammion wore a creame white V-neck shirt, black pants, black Samoas, and his diamond studs.

JaMarcus and Aubrey left earlier this morning, they went to the movies to see The Hunger Games new movie.

"No crying for the both of us." Dammion said looking at me once we were in the car.

"Okay, no promises though." I looked over at him.

"I know right." He chuckled.

"Do you feel a little better?" I asked.

I could tell he wasn't his normal happy go lucky self.

"To be honest with you babe no I feel like shit. Grandma was the one that held our family together, you know since were all in different places in our lives. She would be the one to get us all together, and now I just can feel that its going to be different. Especially for Grandpa they were together for sixty years and now to have his spouse just die an unexpected death, that's really going to take a toll on him." He looked straight as he spoke.

"Yeah I can't even imagine how he feels, and I know you guys will get through it. You have a very strong family." I grabbed his hand.

He started the car "Yeah you're right, babe why don't you ever talk about your family?"

I knew that question would come up sooner than later.

I looked down "My mama's side of the family lives in Mexico City. They don't want anything to do with her because she had me young, their all about sticking to the bible and staying a very clean named family. To make things worse she's married to a black man.

And my Daddy's parents died in a car accident when he was twelve so...."

I looked over at Dammion, he was in shock.

"Please don't think poor Devyn because I mean its not just me and my parents my Daddy has older twin brothers. My uncles Marvin and Marrian." I tried to cheer up about the situation.

"Damn...." He said shaking his head.

I didn't say anything else, we just drove silently to Aunt Hope's house.

Dammion's P.O.V.- I couldn't believe that shit Devyn told me about family, it kinda pissed me off I mean what type of family shuts their child out just because they had a child young or married a person out of their race.

I knew Devyn was thinking about it.

"That's their lost because they have an amazing Grandaughter that their missing out on." I spoke up.

"Thanks." She said dryly.

I wish I would have never asked her because now both of us are in our feelings about our families.

When we pulled up to the house all my Uncles were outside drinking beer.

"Nephew, how are you holding up?" My uncle Sam said coming up to me.

"I've been better." I sighed, grabbing Devyn's hand.

"I know son, it'll get better." He patted my shoulder.

My cousin Nia came outside to greet us before we went in.

"Hey babies" My mama said hugging Devyn and I.

"Hey mama" We both said in unison.

That's one thing that made me happy, I love knowing that Devyn is comfortable with my family.

We all talked about the funeral and how were going to run our family now.

The funeral is scheduled for next Saturday unless something happens.

Vote?

Comment?

I know its short buttttt......I just needed to update something quick.

I promise chapters will be longer from here on. :)