The love of us: Funeral pt.3

Dammion's P.O.V.- "Took y'all long enough!" Aubrey said as Devyn and I were walking downstairs.

"We were um you know um talking." Devyn tried to lie but it didn't come out right.

"Yeah whatever." Aubrey opened the door and went outside.

We grabbed everything we needed and followed her to the Hummer my mama had to come pick us up.

It was a black Streach Hummer, with rims.

"Hey you guys." Nia spoke when we got in.

The Hummer picked up all of my cousins, and our parents were in a normal Limo.

"Hey Nia" I spoke back to her.

Lil Noah came and sat in my lap.

"Wassup Lil Man?" I asked him.

He had on a red polo shirt and some black slacks.

"Hey Jah'Mall, so my mommy said Grandma went with God and we're going to her funeral. So does that mean when Grandma comes back from God's house we can go back to her house?" Lil Noah asked me, looking confused.

It broke my heart that he thinks that and that he asked me that. I'm still having a hard time believing that my Grandma is dead, so how am I going to explain to my little cousin.....

He was looking at me waiting for an answer, I looked around the vehicle....The first person my eyes met were Devyn.

She had tears in her eyes and her lips were pressed together.

Then I looked at Aubrey and Nia, they both were looking down.

My other cousins were in their own little worlds also but I looked and them before looking back at Lil Noah.

I swallowed hard before speaking "Um no Noah. Grandma is in Heaven for forever and she can't come back to her house, we can go to God's house and eventually we will when our time comes."

He still looked confused "So we all will see her again at God's house?"

"Yes we will one day." I picked my words carefully.

We all were silent the rest of the way to the church, thinking our own thoughts.

When I got out of the Hummer Devyn was waiting by the side of it for me.

She grabbed my hand "I really like how you handled that situation. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you babe." I smiled at her.

Grandma Helen knew everyone and everyone loved her, so the church was to its capacity.

All of my family members were waiting outside so all of us could walk in together.

JaMarcus and Achaia walked up to us.

"Hello Everyone." Achaia spoke and waved at us

Aubrey didn't say shit and Devyn rolled her eyes.

I slapped her ass but nobody saw.

"Don't be rude Devyn." I said whispering in her ear.

"Fuck her." She smacked her lips.

I gave her a look but she's stubborn as hell so she ignored me.

"How are you doing Achaia?" I asked her because she looked like she was very uncomfortable.

"I'm fine." She spoke quietly.

"Hey Aubrey." JaMarcus tried to get her attention.

He looked real down and out, I feel bad for my nigga.