Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!

Nicole's P.O.V.

One week!! Like seriously, it has been one week that Lone Boy had written me any letter or responded to my any letters. I waited for two days but the letters were absent and there were no new letter from him.

I wrote three letters to him asking about, "How is he?", "Had I said anything wrong which hurted him?", "I'm sorry if he got hurt because of the stupid sketch made by me".

Yes, I Nicole Anderson put my ego aside and said sorry to a stranger boy aka my pen friend who is not responding to me at all. That's it, I can't wait more now, he's giving me headache. If he don't want to talk to me then he could've just said that instead of showing me cold shoulder.

Today also, I went to library and found that my letters were absent. He's doing this only, he took away my letters but didn't reply me. I'm not a fool!!

Cursing him, I went to my arts class taking out my sketchbook. I found Nial on the way.

"Hey, Cole. Good morning", he said.

I don't have good morning at all, thanks to Lone boy.

"Morning Nial. How's you", I asked as we're walking towards the class together.

"Just good", he replied and I nodded.

"Have you made the sketches Miss.
Holes gave as assignment?", He asked.

"Damn it!!", I cursed under my breath.

"What happened?", He asked.

"Shit man, I almost forgot Nial. I don't know how it skipped my mind", I replied and now we're in class sitting together on same seat.

"It's okay. You're her favourite student, she won't say anything to you", Nial consoled me.

How could I forgot such thing? I never skipp my any assignments given my Miss. Holes but because Julian was not there, I guess my routine was disturbed.

"I'm leaving", I replied.

"What? Why?", He asked.

"No, I can't see disappointment in Miss. Holes eyes for me. I gotta go", I said and left the class in rush.

I saw Rian and Austin coming towards the class only. Rian waved a hand towards me but I only passed a smile and came directly out of the college.

Cali and me lately have spent a lot of time together this last one week. I've told her finally about Lone Boy, yes  I break the rule but she's my best friend. She's super excited to meet my pen friend and asked me to tell her every detail about him.

I showed her my sketch and she has started pairing me with Lone Boy, she's crazy girl. But, we still made a good pair. Yesterday, Max took her for a weekend trip to his farmhouse and she'll be back by day after tomorrow.

I moved to back of the college with a mental note of completing my assignment right now only. Once I was near the tree, I spreaded biscuits and sat along with the tree. I opened my bag pack when something caught my attention.

A letter placed safely under the stone. Now who it can be? Should I read it? But what if it belongs to someone else!!

I stretched my hand and removed the stone and picked up the letter. It was dirty, as if it was there for mang days. I patted the dirt over the page and then opened the letter.