Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!

Nicole's P.O.V.

I'm watching carefully at Austin's face and he's busy in sipping his coffee, ignoring my curiosity totally. I sighed but stayed quiet.

"Will you speak something?", I broke the silence after two minutes of silence.

"Where should I start from?", He asked.

"From the starting!!", I answered.

"What if I would lie to you?", He asked and I just rolled my eyes.

"I've my sources to find out the truth then", I replied not willing to let him win and he chukled.

"You're really something different girl. Fine, listen then", he said and sipped his last sip of the coffee and placed it back on the table whilst I still had half cup to go.

"We all were school time buddies. Me, Nial, Ashley, Rian, Max, Mike and Ellie was our junior. There was a girl named Kate Perish in our group also", he said.

Yes, I know her!! I thought.

Because you stalked her, my mind replied.

Go away!!

"We all were friends to die for, we trusted each other blindly and our group was the best anyone could have", his eyes were twinkling with happiness as if remembering the good memories and I just smiled inwardly.

"But then life happened and we grow up. Change is a part of growing up and this change divided us. Mine and Nial's thoughts changed and conflicts started taking place between us", he said and I nodded.

"What was the reason of your fights?", I asked.

"Difference of thoughts. You know how our group works, we used to bully students and no one dared to mess with us. Rian, was the good boy of our group and later Nial too joined him but the difference was that he started pointing us and interfered in our plans. He didn't liked our idea of pranks, although they're harmless still, and these small fights later on took a larger transformation", Austin said and I was able to picture everything in my mind. I agree they still prank on innocent people, they are bad boys afterall!!

Nial is a good boy!! Sighs.

"He left our group and joined another one. But, the time he left the group, he and Ellie were dating so he was still somewhere in contact with us because he was Ellie's boyfriend", he said and gave me a sympathetic look which I didn't liked a bit. I averted my gaze to the ground.

"I was dating Kate at that time. Our group boycott him and Rian asked Ellie to leave him but she loved him so much that she stood against us for him. He started manipulating Kate's mind also which I couldn't bear and our fights turned into hatred. Ellie broke up with him because we heard that he had bet on Kate", Austin said with a slight pain in his eyes.

"I ignored the rumours but because I thought that I knew Nial and he couldn't stoop so low. But one day, we found out Nial and Kate in an inappropriate position. They're sleeping together, they cheated on me and Ellie", he said the last part with anger. I could sense him raging and it was enough to scare me. I remained quiet but.

"Ellie broke down that day, Kate and Nial both said that they're innocent and I for once thought to trust them but when I found out that they're still meeting at my back, I couldn't bear it and I .. They ruined my life and I could never forgive them for that", he said gritting his teeth. I remained silent for sometime but then decided to speak.

 I remained silent for sometime but then decided to speak