Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!

Nicole's P.O.V.

Next morning, I woke up at a normal time and got ready taking all my time. After a long time, I've got a normal morning and I'm not going to waste my day for anyone or thinking about anybody. Today, I'll make my day super normal like before, where me and my sketches will accompany each other.

I wore a casual leather jacket with floral top inside and black leggings and wore my black sports shoes, way to go Tomboy!!

I traipsed downstairs happily but my smile faded when I saw my mom, dad and Tim having breakfast sitting on the same table but lost in their own world. Why do they even care to pretend that they want a normal family?

I moved towards them and said "Good morning", meekily.

"Morning", the rest three replied in a boring way.

Julian served my breakfast and I saw Kian standing at a distance in the kitchen. He had his bag on his shoulder and he was just staring at us. When his eyes met mine, they twinkled in happiness.

Gosh, I missed him so much. It had high time that we've spent time together.

"Hey champ, come and have breakfast with us", I said and he came running happily towards me.

"Nicole, what the hell is wrong with you? He can't have breakfast with us", Mom said in her most practiced royal accent.

Kian came and stand behind my chair and it squeezed my heart. "Why?", I asked.

"Julian, just take your son away. He must be getting late for school", my dad said this time.

"But I want to have my breakfast with Kian", I said but they ignored it.

Julian came and took away crying Kian outside. Her eyes held so much pain and I couldn't take it anymore. Say anything to me but not Kian. He's my family.

"Nicole Anderson, I know you don't have any respect for us as your parents but at least have a standard for yourself. You're Anderson's kid and we don't share seats with poor people", my mom said.

"But she's my nanny. I respect her and Kian is lovable to me", I said.

"So? If you'll like roadside garbage, it doesn't mean that we'll allow them in our house", Tim said this time.

"Tim, just mind your language", I said gritting my teeth.

"Shut up your mouth lady", he said not backing away.

"Both of you stop it now only", Dad said for the first time.

"Nicole, you should've learnt by now that who are good for you and who are bad for you. We've a standard and you shouldn't do anything that bring bad name to your family", my dad said.

Oh, I expected this only. These fake people with their stupid standards.

"I don't care for you standards, Kian is like a brother to me and I won't leave him ever, and not for anyone", I said looking at all of them.

"I listened you did party for that poor kid. Well, it's okay he can't afford grand parties after all", my mom said polishing her nails.

This is getting too far. They can't treat Kian like this.

"He's far better than you but, may be he's poor but still he's rich by heart", I spoke angrily.

"Watch your mouth Cole. I'm warning you, try to raise your standard and stay away from those servants. Or else, I'll fire them", mom said and I just couldn't say anything.