Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!

Nicole's P.O.V.

Ok, point check. It's technically not my first date because I had gone on a few dates with Rian but then that was more of a dinner with friend type so this is my first official date with the most handsome boy I could ever date and Austin so proudly decided to ruin this one too, just the way he stole my first kiss.

Nick came and sat next to me but his eyes held an expression of anger when he saw his ex girlfriend with Austin. Why won't he? She's so beautiful and I'm nothing compared to her.

Fine, let's just face this. No need to be awkward. I'm straight forward and I like it that way.

"Why did you guys broke up?", I asked.

"Uh?", He asked as if he didn't even listen to me and I sighed.

"Please change the seat Nick", I said and he nodded.

Now, I was sitting in his place facing Floris and Austin's back was towards me. She glanced at me for a second and then she averted her gaze back at Austin. I hate you Austin, out of all the girls and out of all the places and out of all the days, you choosed this one girl and only this one place to date on this very day.

Talk about bad luck and bad coincidence.

"Why did you broke up Nick?", I asked looking straight into his eyes.

"We should not discuss that. We should leave, I'm sorry that I ruined your mood", he said.

It's not my first time, my mind said.

"No, we're not leaving", I said and he nodded.

The waiter came and I ordered coffee for me and he ordered wine. He drank the glass of water on the table and then he cleared his throat.

"She doesn't trust me. She always doubts me and my love. I was a womeniser before I met her but after meeting her, my priorities change. For me she's everything but she doesn't believe me. I tried to give our relationship a chance but things happened and it gets worse day by day. She doesn't even give me a last chance to explain. I wish I could get a last chance to talk to her", he said and then looked back at her.

"Why did you agreed to date me then?", I asked.

"Actually Jason told me that his one of the friend needs a date for the party. He said that you're trying to move on in life and I want the same so I agreed", Nick replied.

I sighed and said, "We're not same Nick. The girl you love hates you but in my case I don't know which boy I actually fall in love for. The person in real or the boy behind the letters".

"Letters?", He asked.

Long story, I thought.

"I'll help you to have one last talk with Floris", I offered.

"Really? But why would you do that?", He asked.

"Because this my favourite job to play Cupid", I replied and he shook his head as if thinking me as a crazy girl.

Practically I didn't lie. This is what I mostly do, right?

"Are you sure you can do it? I'm sorry I know I'm being selfish but can you?", Nick asked with hope in his eyes.