「11」unfortunate events

Chapter Eleven; Unfortunate Events

Why aren't there any cab? Is it a holiday or something? I've been standing on a hot sunny day here infront of my apartment waiting for a cab for 25 minutes and there are none showing up.

And I'm so so so so late, i'm so dead.

And you know what makes me double dead? My Boss is there on this day, checking out the office, etc & as i said MY SALARY WILL BE 5% DEDUCTED or worse because i'm 30 mins late. You must be wondering why i'm going to work so early than usual, it's because boss wanted me to work on days for a week, and thats a relief means i'll be sleeping on nights and working on days like a normal person would do. What a relief.

Anyway, If i haven't agreed to drink & party with bri & vicky maybe i'll wake up early. I'm so dumb, why did i even agreed when i know that i have work tomorrow? Ugh. I'm so messed up. My head is terribly aching now because of my hangover, i already have drank advil but it doesn't work, it only made the sunny day my head ache worst.

Thank God a cab showed up into my view, i waved my hand to the cab and it stopped 6 feet away from where i was standing. 'Great, just great.'.

I walked to where the cab was in my heels, suddenly i felt a liquid dropped on my hair and dropped on my hand.

'Oh no, this isn't happening'
Guess what? it did happened, it's raining. I walked quickly to the cab, while walking quickly i accidentally stepped on a slippery object and that caused me to slipped and fell into my back on the slippery sidewalk.

All of my things flew off my hand and fell on the ground with me. "this is just so perfect." I groan in pain, i reached out to identify whats that object and i saw it's a fucking soap. How the fuck did the soap get to the sidewalk? i noticed the cab is already going away.

i stand up from my fall painfully leaving the fucking soap to the
ground and i grabbed my wet things from the ground, once i got them all, i'm trying to ignore the pain in my back while i run on the slippery sidewalk to catch up the cab because, bruh i don't wanna wait another 25 mins.

"Hey, hey! Wait!" I tapped repeatedly on the trunk of the cab forcefully trying to catch the drivers attention. The cab suddenly stopped and i suddenly lean forcefully forward to the trunk of the cab on my stomach. "Ouch" i squeaked, i pushed myself away from the trunk and i walked to the car door, I tried opened it but its lock i knocked on the window of the car and the driver realized why i'm knocking, he locked his door, and thankfully he opened it.

"Where's your destination ma'am?" The driver asked me while i got in his cab.
"To GoTalkCall telecom company building 5 blocks from here, will you please drive as fast as you could for me to get there in no time? Or Please do make this cab a plane if it's possible." I said breathlessly.m and the driver started to drive. My hair, clothes, and all are soaking wet right now because when i'm outside the rain is pouring so heavily.

I closed my eyes and sighed while i lean back on the seat trying to rest for awhile. While i'm trying to rest my phone rang. I looked for my phone in my bag. When i got it it fell on the ground. I reached my phone with my hand but it just made it slide under the car seat of the driver. I sat up straight and i rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I squeezed in myself into the tiny space between the drivers seat and the back seat, i'm squatting in between trying to reach for my phone. When i'm so close reaching my phone my back suddenly hurts. "Ahh" i yelp in pain. "Are you okay there ma'am?" The driver asked looking to me in his rearview, i look up to him in the rearview "yes" i nod & grimaced to him with a small voice, like the tone when youre so done, irritated,angry & you're just tryna contain yourself.

I have finally reached my phone & answered the call "Hello?" I sighed. "Quinn! What earth or universe are you in? Are you with the joker or being heroine or something?! You're so late!! thank me now because i signed you in the attendance when i saw your name isn't still there when i got in, fucker." Andie whispered yelled.

"Do you have any extra clothes?" "That's out of topic. But yes i do have, What are you up to? Are you high?" "No,i'll explain this to you later, i'm on my way, lets meet at the secret route with your extra clothes" i replied "okay, okay, you're really crazy quinn, see you later" and she hang up the call.

After our call i have already arrived to the office,thank God.
I paid the taxi fare and i got out and thank God it stopped raining.
So i'm not 45mins late thanks to andie. Before i enter the building, i go to coffee bean besides the building. When i got in i felt so cold, i ordered for a mint tea and while i'm waiting for my tea some people are looking at me weirdly. And i felt a little embarrassed of my appearance.

Finally my tea arrived, i thanked the girl who served the tea to me and went to the GoTalkCall company building. I walk towards the lobby of the building and past to the receptionist assuming the girl already knows me because 'duh' i work here.

"Hey miss! You didn't get any guests pass!" but i was wrong, The receptionist called out for me. I grimace on my way to the girl, when i reached there she was talking about me shouldn't by pass her, i showed my I.D. to her and that shut her mouth up.

"Thank you for the concern but i'm hella late." I faked smiled at her, i look at my side and saw an elevator opened, i quickly go to the elevator. Thankfully i'm not too late. I'm on a shit personality now because of this day. As i reached the floor where our office is, I took the behind route where no one can see me that i just came. Good thing andie has the same call time for a week. I saw a silhouette of a girl and i assumed it's andie, just in time, i walk faster and when i'm closer to where she was, i saw a clearer view of andie thats pacing back and forth, she stopped pacing when she saw me coming towards her i'm still damp.

"Girl, what happened to you?" She quickly get her extra clothes from her paper bag and gave it to me. "Well it happens to be that it's my bad day. And so many unfortunate events happened. Thank God you're here with me." I glanced at her while i wear her skinny jeans after finished wearing her white polo shirt.

"You've gotta tell me every detail that happened to you later! Here's the blazer partnered with that outfit." Andie handed me her dark blue blazer and i wear it, wow thanks to merlin that andie's clothes are appropriate for work. I quickly folded my dampened clothes and put it in the paper bag of andie's.

"Let's go now." I grabbed the paper bag and walk towards the door that leads to the back of our office and is andie following close behind me. I stick out my head on the door and checked of the coast is clear and i think they're all in break because thanks to God it is clearer than ever. I signaled to andie for her to follow, and we quickly sneaked to our desks.