「04」ice cream talk

Chapter Four; Ice Cream talk

Everytime i heard ice cream truck it reminds me of my childhood, I remembered when i was 7 or 8 years old and I heard the jingle of the ice cream truck from my room I stopped whatever i'm doing and quickly go down the stairs and go to my dad's study room, my dad already knows why i'm infront of him while he is working.

He gave me a dollar to buy my favorite ice cream flavor 'strawberry'. And now i'm here with andie in the park eating my strawberries ice cream. We are strolling down the park while we are holding hands like we're a couple. 

Some people thought we're a couple and I remembered that a guy asked us out of nowhere "how do you guys have sex?" And we just laugh it out loud and the guy walks out embarrassed because he get it why we're laughing, people are so judgmental nowadays.

"What a beautiful day is it." Andie said joyfully & cheerful. 'Wow what did she ate last night.' I thought
"Andie, tell me what, why did you woke me up on my peaceful slumber to just have an ice cream ?" I asked while i'm licking my ice cream looking up in the sky to clouds gazing. "Hmm, nothing." I look down at her and saw her licking her ice cream and smiling slyly not looking at me.

I nudged her "If you didn't gave me a good reason why i'll leave." I taunted letting go of her hand and stopped walking. She stopped walking and looked at me, she raised her left hand and i saw a ring...on her ring finger... "You know if this is some sort of prank, feel free to say "you've been pranked" and take a picture of my face."

I said seriously at her. "Sorry but you've not been pranked queenie." 'What is this' i thought. "Wait a minute, you're going to propose to me?" I laughed. I looked at her and she didn't laughed. "seriously what have you ate last night? You're so bubbly awhile ago and now you're so serious. Bipolar much?" I licked my ice cream.

"Queenie, i know you're not dumb & stupid, but don't you get it? I'm engaged!!" She squeals the last words. I stopped licking my ice cream and looked at her with an wide eyes & open mouth. "How?! You don't even have any BOYFRIEND! Now you're fucking engaged?! Are you crazy??!!" I exclaimed angrily at her.

You see she is like my sister, so i treat her like my sister. I'm overprotective as you can tell. "Well not as crazy as you." Andie shrugged. "Andrea, i'm not in the mood anymore to joke. Please cut it off now"

"I'm not joking queenie, Me and josh got engaged last night and-" "who the fuck is josh?" I asked annoyed "my boyfriend, i mean now fiancé..." andie looks at the ground. "How come I didn't know any of this? I thought we're going to tell each other everything?!"

"You know i'll tell you sooner but when i was about to tell you josh proposed to me.. Now i think it's all too late for me to tell you all from the start." She sighed and she walks away from me. I catch up with her and walked, "when are you planning to tell me huh? And how many months have you guys been together?" I stopped infront of her so she'll look at me and stop walking.

"3 months." She look at me.
"Wow, i... what else don't i know? That you're pregnant thats why you guys got engaged?!" I asked frustratingly. She looked down and didn't say a word. "Wait.. don't you tell me-" "Yes, I'm pregnant and josh is the dad thats why we're engaged, but queenie he loves me and i love him." She said with teary eyes. andie holds my hand, i let go of her hand.

"I thought you're better than this andrea." I shake my head side to side "how many Weeks or God knows how many days you are carrying the baby?" I asked her with a low voice "2 weeks.." she said.

"Oh g- you've gotta be kidding me.. what would your family say to you?!" I walked away from her and the ice cream in my hands fell to the ground. Andie runs for me "queenie! Queenie wait!" Andie shouts behind me, and i just kept walking fast away from her not looking back.

I know i'm over acting, but she is my BEST FRIEND! She should've told me everything, and what hurts is she kept it away from me.

I wiped away a tear that fell from my eye. I decided to run, I can't hear her calls anymore and thats good because that means i'm already far away from her and she had stopped running for me that's good for her baby. I felt that Someone 'accidentally' bumped me that caused me to fall back on the ground, and i just stayed there sitting feeling the double pain because of what andie caused and the person who made me fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry- miss are you okay?" Someone said with a familiar deep voice, I didn't answered the guy (i judged based off his voice) I instead cried and put my head down. The guy took a seat or he is squatting beside me and he comforts me by holding my hand.

Once i'm contaning myself now i wiped my tears away with my other hand that the stranger isn't holding, and I decided to know who is the guy, i looked up at him and it turns out it's my boss's son. "Queenie? Is that you?" He put away some of my hair that's in my face.  "uhh, yes, sir sam" i said while i wiped my tears quickly, embarrassed on what i looked like right now, probably i look so horrible, to be honest i always do look horrible.

I'm standing up from my feet and sir sam helped me up. I brushed off my skinny jeans. "I said to you that you dont have to call me 'sir' right?" He chuckled. I smiled a little to him. "Now why are you crying awhile ago?" He looks at me with his dark brown eyes. "Uhm, i-" "why don't we go to a cafe so we can talk?" He cutted my sentence before i had a chance to reply his question with "it's nothing."

But he is a smart man he will not believe me. "Sir, i mean Sam, i don't have any budget to buy us both a high end coffee" i fixed the strap of my blue messenger bag. "Who said you'll buy us both? It will be my treat and no worries, i insist." He took my hand leading me to a place on his mind, later on i'll know where.