「49」no goodbye's

Chapter Forty-Nine; No Goodbye's

Q U E E N I E

continuation of the last chapter..

I look at him as if he was a ghost.

Wait, is my mind playing tricks on me? No. This can't be.

My smile is completely gone now, and my facial expression too is now. Shocked. The phone is still on my ears.

I look at him confusedly and weirdly.

This can't be.

"J-john?" I whispered in disbelief, loud enough for him to hear.
I frown at him.

"Queenie" The man infront me asks, and he took a step closer to me and i heard david saying it too. On the phone.

"John? I.. You.." i take a deep breath. I can't believe this is happening, he can't be.

"I'm looking for david. What are you doing here john?" I said to him.

"Where is david." I said to him a little bit angry.

I held up my phone to my ear.
"David? Where did you go? David?" I asked to the phone.

He is not david, he is not david, he is not david. I kept repeating it on my mind. I look up to the man infront of me, he has a teary eyes now. And he is staring at me.

"Queenie, i-i'm here." David said to the other line, and.. as david said it, john said it too at the same time.

"No, no.. you can't be david." I then felt water on my face while i'm looking at him.

"Please don't say that you're david, please please." I cried out loud.
Some people are looking at us weirdly now.

John stayed silent and looked down
And i saw a tear fell from his eyes.
And that just answered my question.

"No, no, no, no, no, NO!" I said again and again, mumbling it multiple times. I'm pacing back and forth on my spot.

David or john or whoever the hell he is took a step towards me.
"Don't." I stopped pacing. "Don't go near me." I said with a disbelief tone, I glanced at him and i stared at the ground thinking of what i have done.

I'm... i'm having like a relationship with david with him engaged to bella who is my best friend and, and i'm with her fiancé. And i just made the worst thing to my best friend, i never, never imagined i would do such a thing like this.

"You can't... bella. You have a wife. No, no no" I mumble to myself.

I heard him sniff "Queenie please stop." I then felt him touch me on my shoulders for the first time.
I looked up at him, glaring. I quickly go away from his touch.
I don't want to be near him.
He lied to me.. he said he have no relationship. Why? Why?
And i have hurt him yet again by my actions because i can see new tears are falling now.

I feel so disgusting, dumb, and so low.... and a backstabbing asshole.
All this time?
He is john?

"Don't touch me." I tried to say while crying.

Why am i so dumb not to realize it? Why queenie?

"Queenie, i can explain, I don't know you're bella's best friend. Please, you promised you'll still love me-" "LOVE YOU? HOW? YOU HAVE A WIFE!" I cried.

"TELL Me," i take a deep breathe "HOW CAN I LOVE A MAN.. WHO LOVES MY BEST FRIEND? AND IS GETTING MARRIED? tell ME HOW?!" I cried at him a little bit loud, I didn't say it that loud enough for all the people to hear it, because i'm too weak. Some people who pass by us walked faster.

"Queenie, i-"

"TELL ME!" I shouted it, not caring if there are any kids around us.
He is now really sobbing like a kid.
I wiped my tears by my arms harshly.

"See! You CANT! If i will still love you," i weakly said it "i will be a mistress." I said not quite making the words clearly.

"And I don't want to be like that, and I don't want to do it to my best friend." I said. I am now sobbing, angry and sad tears are falling from my eyes.

"Queenie I LOVE YOU! Please, you make me happy, you help me get through my sickness-" "and what may i ask is your sickness? Sickness of being a Heartbreaker? Cheater? Oh please, Stop lying to me, i've HAD ENOUGH!" I said while I grabbed my hair frustratedly.

"I'm not lying! I'm not lying about my feelings and sickness to you! You're the only one who knew about my sickness queenie! Yes i did lie about my name and all. But i'll never lie about my love for you." He desperately said to me.

"I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR SICKNESS!" I almost yelled, i'm now breathing hard and david is looking at me, with bloodshot eyes tears still streaming down on his face.
We are now staring at each other.

"What?! You don't know what the hell is your sickness? Or you've ran out of lies? Huh?" I said angrily to him.

I felt a tap on my shoulders and i look at the woman carrying a crying baby. "Please miss, if you and your boyfriend here will fight please i beg, do it on your house! Can't you see there are kids here? Disgrace!" The woman exclaimed and walks away shaking her head.

"Sorry." I said softly and i guess the woman didn't heard it, i look back at david who's still looking at me.

I shake my head at him. "I- I can't," i rubbed my face with both of my hands and wiping off my tears. "I can't do this anymore."

I turn away from him and started to walk to where i can find cab.
I heard him coming towards me.
he stopped me by turning me around, I wanted to slapped him. But I don't want to make the scene more bigger.

"What?" I said my voice cracked.

He just stared at me with his blue eyes full of tears.
He didn't said anything, and then let's go of me. With that i walk away from him.