「26」yesterday

Chapter Twenty-Six: Yesterday.

As we walked to the dining room, i saw that there are many foods on the table.

"Mom did you made all of these?" I spoke out my thoughts. I looked at my mom who's putting glasses besides the plates.

"Yes i did, and also I made a salad for you. I know how you love salads." She smiled at me and i smiled back.

"Go on take a seat now." My mom said and we obeyed what she said and took our seat, i'm seated besides my brother and my mom is seated at the end of the table and my dad took a seat at the other end of the table.

"Okay, let's eat!" After my mom said that we go get the dishes we want to eat.

"Mom, dad. What time will be your.. uhh you know." I said after i put the salad in my plate. They all look at me weirdly.

"Uh, why? That's the reason why we all gathered here right?" I asked

"Didn't james told you?" My mom said and looked at james.

James then face palmed and shake his head.

"I'm sorry ma, I forgot to tell queenie that it's not yet today." He said with an apologetic tone.

"Oh." I said and nod my head.

"It'll just be a dinner tonight queenie. The divorce is moved to another date that'll be arranged by the lawyer. Because they say the schedule there is hectic at the moment." My dad said and chewed his food.

"Oh, okay." I said and took a bite to my salad.

"So, how's your work?" My mom asked me.

"It's okay. I took a day off today for this event ." They all nod in response.

It was silent for a while. I glanced at my mom and dad, i think this is my cue to ask why did this all happen.

"Mom, dad why-" my sentence got cut off because someone rang the doorbell.

"Hold that thought my dear, i'll get that." My mom quickly wiped her mouth and goes towards the door.

"What are you saying hun?" My dad asked and leans forward to my direction with a concerned look.

"Uhm." I look at my brother and he nods and took a bite from his food. "Why did this all happen? I mean, you and mom are doing just fine. There's nothing wrong.." I looked at my dad. Dad's facial expression changed from concerned to a serious face because of my question.

"Uh." My dad cleared his throat. Before my dad can reply to me My mom goes in the dining room.

"Uhm, he is here." My mom glanced to my dad and big brother. And they all look at each other.

Who's him?

I have a confused face right now.

"Uh, who's him?" I asked my mom, all their attention goes to me.

Right after what i said it's his cue to go in the dining room.
He is looking down so I can't quite figure what he looks like but has a long curly hair, and he is taller than my mom.