十七 -

— seventeen ;

Jimin is currently studying in his room with his book, at least that's what he tells himself. He's actually just highlighting words, but not actually understanding them. At least it would seem like he studied, otherwise he would look stupid in front of his two dongsaengs. If you didn't know, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin are in the same year level in college. They aren't classmates though and they only get to see each other in school every, other time.

Jimin lets out a sigh of relief after finally finishing "studying". "Ah, that was so much work. I deserve a two hour break." he tells himself and stands up, his dark hair bouncing a little. He's about to leave his room, when he suddenly hears a notification from his phone. He peers down and sees the name "Yoongi" on the screen. Completely forgetting what he's supposed to really do, he grabs the device and opens it to see the message from the male. 

yoongi-hyung: jimin?

Jimin wonders why Yoongi randomly sent him a message, especially late at night. Does he not have classes tomorrow? 

jimin: jimin is asleep, sorry.

Jimin snickers, thinking his hyung would fall for it.

And he does, much to his surprise.

yoongi-hyung: oh, i'm sorry. 

Yoongi says nothing after that. Did Jimin really fool him that easily?

jimin: ffs, hyung. it was obviously me.

yoongi-hyung: i knew.

jimin: sure you did.

yoongi-hyung: i did!

jimin: ok ok. why did you message me again?

yoongi-hyung: idk i just missed you i guess.

Jimin feels something weird hit his chest inside. 

jimin: don't you have classes tomorrow? it's a monday, right?

yoongi-hyung: fuck college. i wanna hang out with you

jimin: yoongi.

yoongi-hyung: ?

jimin: yoongi.

yoongi-hyung: what?

jimin: yoongi.

yoongi-hyung: jimin.

jimin: yoongi.

yoongi-hyung: yknow what i'll just go study. 

jimin: yOONGI- i'm sorry. my phone was being a dick.

yoongi-hyung: tell your phone to settle tf down because i thought you were messing with me. 

jimin: i will hehe. any ways, did you say you wanted to hang out?

yoongi-hyung: forget what i said.

jimin: no. i wanna hang out too, hyung. 

yoongi-hyung: yeah.

jimin: but i can't rn. studies come first before anything else.

yoongi-hyung:...

jimin: sorry.

yoongi-hyung: yknow what.

jimin: what?

yoongi-hyung: i should study too. 

jimin: good, good. 

yoongi-hyung: so we could have a good future together.

jimin: what-

yoongi-hyung: good night, jimin. (:

Jimin doesn't respond after that and just shuts his phone off. Their conversation made it look like they were flirting with each other. Jimin grumbles to himself, trying to shake the odd feeling off. "Why does he have to act like that all the time?.." he mumbles to himself, scratching his head in frustration. "What was I supposed to do again though?" 

----------

"Jungkook."

"Jimin."

"Jungkook."

"Jimin?"

"'Guk."

"JIMIN." 

"Kookie."

"What do you want-"

"I think he wants you to call him hyung." Taehyung brain-storms, as continues watching his show in front. 

Jungkook realizes this and rolls his eyes. "Yes, Jimin-hyung?" he sing-songs with hint of sarcasm, but Jimin doesn't mind. At least he got to call him hyung and that's what matters to him.

"Do you.. do you think Yoongi-hyung and I are going too fast?" The question surprises both Jungkook and Taehyung, whose attention is now focused on his friends. Jimin realizes that they might have misunderstood what he meant, judging by the looks on their face. "I meant our friendship. Do you think it's going too fast?"

"I don't think there's such a thing as "going too fast" when it comes to friendship." Jungkook tells him sincerely this time.

"Yeah, I mean if you guys are friends, then you're friends." Taehyung agrees so, mouth turning into a firm line. "Nothing could change that." 

"But what do you mean by going too fast?" 

"Like... we recently just met, a few weeks ago I think and we're already hanging out this much. Something happened between us, too so that makes things weirder. Do you think our friendship is moving fine or do we still have to do something to prove our friendship?" Jimin tries to explain despite finding it hard to do so since he doesn't really know the right words to speak.

"You're going all over the place, hyung." Taehyung says and Jimin knew that. "But I'll say to just go on. You guys are already friends, just look forward to what's gonna happen."

Jimin nods slightly. "Okay, I'll do just that. Thanks for answering me, you two." he says with a cute smile. 

"Anytime, hyung." Jungkook responds and returns to his business and so does Taehyung.

Jimin shifts slightly onto the couch so he could slouch. Whilst watching the T/V, he suddenly asks himself, does Yoongi think the same?

___

___

can you believe i finally updated? i can't either.