四十九 -

— forty-nine ;

Jimin didn't think he'd be nervous for this whole thing. Just a few hours ago, he was perfectly fine. But now that it's actually happening, he's beyond nervous. He tightly grips on the black box he's holding, swallowing as he looks at his three other friends who are more calm.

They give him an encouraging smile. "You'll be fine, Jimin. I mean, just because you guys aren't in good terms anymore doesn't mean you can't attend a small gathering. I asked Namjoom if it's gonna be alright and he said Yoongi was fine with it." Seokjin reminds him as he pats his shoulder lightly.

But that's a lie Namjoon has told. Of course Yoongi wasn't fine with it, not at all. It took Namjoon almost the whole day to convince him and luckily, the older complied. But he said he'd be keeping his distance from Jimin and there's nothing Namjoon and the others could do about.

Namjoon thought he must have really lost his mind to declare such thing. But at least he got his approval, right?

"O-Okay." Jimin croaks out silently, looking down.

Taehyung does the honor to ring the door bell and Jimin feels himself tense again upon hearing the sound of shaffling foot steps coming over. The floor flings open in a matter of seconds and Namjoon appears wearing a classy purple shirt with small details saying "i fucked your man last night and you wouldn't know".

"You guys made it!" he greets the guys outside who are each wearing different expressions. His eyes then land on Jimin. "You look great, Chim."

Jimin just nods, looking away. He already feels awkward.

"Do I not get a compliment?" Jin butts in, huffing.

"Oh, but you outshone them, hyung. Wouldn't want them to hear it now, would they?" Namjoon winks at him, making the other blush.

Jungkook gags. "Can't we just get inside? My feet are tired and I wanna sit down."

"Yes, of course come in!" Namjoon says, making way for the four, lovely lads. "Oh and you can put your gifts over to the red table located near the kitchen. Make yourselves at home!"

Jimin hastily puts his gift on the said table, looking around to check if one particular boy is in sight. There aren't even that much people present, yet the boy is nowhere in sight. "I wonder where he is..." he mumbles to himself.

"You mean Yoongi? He said he'd be out to grab some drinks for his guests." someone suddenly speaks, startling Jimin. "I'm Daeyang, nice to meet you."

"H-Hi, I'm Jimin. Yoongi's..." Jimin trails off, not really knowing what exactly he should regard himself as. "I'm someone he knows." he concludes.

The so-called Daeyang giggles. "You're cute. Want to head outside and wait for Yoongi?"

"I-I don't think that's necessary-"

"Come on, I'm sure he'd love to greet you, someone he knows."

And he's dragged like that. As usual.

"See? Isn't it nice here?" Daeyang sing-songs, as he inhales the night air.

Jimin silently watches his hair get blown in all sorts of direction. He's not gonna lie, the stranger's kinda cute with his light pink sweater and baby blue pants. His hair is even dyed a deep shade of brown. He wonders who he is in Yoongi's life.

"Jimin." he snaps him out of his thoughts.

Jimin shakes his head back to reality. "Yes?"

"Come sit with me here." Daeyang pats a spot on the ground.

Jimin hesitantly walks over and sits down, making sure to create some distance. He wouldn't want anyone to think they're together, especially in such a quiet place like this.

Daeyang notices this and chuckles, amused by Jimin's antics but he decides to brush it off thinking that he's just shy. "So you seemed really stressed out the moment you walked inside, did you not want to attend the party?"

Jimin nods honestly, surprised by himself for doing so. Jin's gonna kill him if he finds out.

"May I ask why?" Daeyang questions with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"If I tell you, don't tell anyone, okay?" Jimin can't believe he's actually about to tell. He must have lost his mind already.

"Why, is it something dark?" Daeyang jokes, but he earns a slight nod. He becomes serious again. "Okay, I promise I won't open my mouth about this."

Jimin heaves out a big breath. He can't really believe he's gonna do it. "You see, Yoongi and I... we aren't exactly on good-"

"Who gave you the permission to spill something that's supposed to be only between us and our friends?"

Both Jimin and Daeyang snap their head from the direction of the voice, seeing a neatly dressed Yoongi with plastics filled with drinks in hand.

Jimin feels his mind go blank and body weak. He finally saw the older after 2 months, and on his birthday even.

"Oh, hey, hyung! You're finally back!" Daeyang speaks up oh so casually as Jimin looks at him by the corner of his eye. Just who was this guy?

"Daeyang, get back inside." Yoongi orders domeeningly.

"But I was just having a good talk with my friend, Jimin-"

"I said get back inside." Yoongi repeats himself, sounding a bit angry which made the confused boy between them flinch.

Daeyang mumbles some incoherent words before waving at Jimin bye and skipping inside. Yoongi sighs as he walks towards the direction of Jimin.

Jimin feels small all of a sudden as his instincts tell him to back away, and so he does. So far away that he hits the bush.

He was expecting Yoongi to walk by past him, but instead the older kneels down and looks at Jimin in the eye. "Your arm."

Jimin couldn't form words to sat out since he's still mesmerized by Yoongi's appearance and the fact that he actually spoke to him.

Yoongi realizes this and he just sighs once more, reaching over as he grabs a part of Jimin's arm. "You pricked your elbow, see?"

Jimin is still frozen.

"And who told you to wear a sleeveles shirt with no jacket on at such a cold weather? Are you trying to impress someone?"

Jimin's not even sure if Yoongi's snapping at him or if he said that because he still cares. But as if he does.

Yoongi gets annoyed by the other's silence that he's already about to stand up. "Look, if you won't even say anything or at least acknowledge my existence, then better just leave-"

Jimin suddenly lurches forward and wraps his arms around Yoongi, neglecting the pain that shoots through him when his wound grazes across Yoongi's thick jacket. He hugs the older tightly and buries his face in his clothes, releashing his scent.

"J-Jimin-"

"I missed you so much, hyung. More than you could ever tell."  Jimin's words come out as muffles, but he still continues. "Fuck, I don't care anymore." He suddenly pulls away and grabs Yoongi's warm cheeks with his cold hands, crashing their lips together.