四十三 -

— forty-three ;

Usually, when you think of New Year's Eve, it's a time when you celebrate with all your friends and family; all cozed up and counting down for the brand, new year to arrive. It's a time for drinks, parties, etc.

But it's the complete opposite for Jimin. He's all alone in his flat, wrapped in a light blue blanket on the bed while watching some YT videos. He wishes his best friends would company him, but he knows they've got other plans.

No, wait that's not it.

Taehyung and Jungkook are still in fucking Jeju. Hoseok is not really close with him. Seokjin is with his family. Namjoon is with his family as well. Yoongi is somewhere probably hoeing around with Christopher or whatever his name is.

Jimin heaves out a cold sigh, fingers grabbing his cup of hot chocolate as he brings it to his mouth. It burns his lips a little but he doesn't even flinch. His body is as numb as his feelings right now.

Suddenly, the door bell rings and a knock is followed.

Jimin furrows his eyebrows confusingly, because who would even visit him at this hour? He decides to ignore it and just continues watching random ass videos.

However, the knock proceeds and so does the door bell.

Jimin's irritated by now, but he doesn't let him get to it. He's gonna enjoy the evening and no one will-

"Jimin, I know you're in there."

At the sound of the voice, Jimin feels his heart skip a beat. He reluctantly unwraps himself from the blanket and pads towards the door carefully.

He then places his ear on the door in case the familiar person speaks again.

"Open up."

And so he does.

Jimin flings the door open and is met with someone he totally did not expect to see. No sarcasm intended.

"Yoongi-hyung." he says softly in disbelief. He can't believe he's here right now, in front of him, and on New Year's Eve. "What are you doing here?"

"What's with the tone?" Yoongi asks as he makes his way instead with no permission. It was then Jimin notices the wine bottles on his hands and a few snacks. "Don't worry, I won't do anything nasty or some shit. I'm a good person now." the older says, as if he read his mind.

Jimin gulps, still astonished by the whole situation until he closes the door. "Hyung-"

"And to answer your question," Yoongi places the bottles on the table in the living room, turning to the other male. "I'm here to celebrate with you, isn't that already obvious?"

"I mean, yeah," Jimin awkwardly rubs his head. "but what made you want that? Wouldn't you rather spend it with your family or I don't know... that Chester guy?"

Yoongi laughs. "One, my family is away. Two, his name is Christian, not Chester. And he's just some guy I messed with."

"Yeah, whatever." Jimin rolls his eyes. "I'm not good with American names." he mumbles as he sits on the couch, opening a snack and popping a chip inside his mouth.

"No shit. And three, I felt bad for ignoring you these past, few days. It was immature of me really." Yoongi says, sitting next to Jimin and also munching on some chips.

"It's okay. I got too dramatic." the younger shrugs, leaning back so he could sit more comfortably. "Since we're here right now.... can we like maybe talk about things?"