四十五 -

— forty-five ;

Jimin stares at complete darkness while he tries to sleep. Taehyung and Jungkook decided to crash in and sleep in his room, in case he decides to lock himself again. But honestly, he won't because he's had enough being a cry baby. Especially over a guy he doesn't even disturb.

He can't really sleep well since Taehyung's snores are so loud they could be heard by the neighbours. So instead, he just lets his mind drift off to recall what really happened on New Years, as painful as it may seem.

"I love you." Jimin confesses with much thought as he stares deep into Yoongi's face which turns to him. "I love you, hyung."

Yoongi's expression remains nonchalant on the oher hand, as if he hadn't heard him. But he did, loud and clear despite the fireworks blasting from outside.

Instead of giving a concrete answer, he just smiles at the younger as he takes his hand and squeezes it. "Thank you." he simply says, much to Jimin's great dismay.

"I-I know that this was too sudden but," Jimin barely stutters out, being careful with his words. "what I said was true, I really do love you. I just realized it now."

"I know what else you love." Yoongi suddenly remarks, making the other look at him in the eyes in response. "You love messing with my feelings. You love doing it so much and yet I just let you. But not anymore."

Jimin swallows hard, now also taking Yoongi's hand in his. "I know. I know what I've been doing and honestly, I wasn't even aware. I only realized recently and I also realized that I actually have feelings for you."

"You're never aware though." Yoongi's tone of voice suddenly changes as he preys his large hands off Jimin's small ones. "And don't even say you have feelings for me. You're just feeling sympathetic, aren't you? So I won't hate you. You even pulled this shit up in New Year's, how splendid. Because you totally got me fooled there for a second."

The younger's eyes widen as he shakes his head. "No, no that's not true at all! I genuinely love you and it's not out of pity." he protests strongly, wanting to hold Yoongi again but he just brushes him off. "Hyung..."

"Please, Jimin. I've had enough." Yoongi pleads, head turning down to his heels before shooting back up towards the male. "It was nice while it lasted, but I'll have to go now. Happy New Year's."

"Wait!" Jimin jolts up as he prevents Yoongi from leaving. "Don't leave."

Yoongi sighs in frustration. "I told you to stop playing with my feelings, Jimin. I'm done."

"So you're just going to ignore what I said and that I mean them?"

"Why pay attention when it's complete bullshit?"

"It's not bullshit." Jimin states hotly, his gaze intense. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for not realizing my feelings soon. I'm sorry for pushing you away when you were clearly in love with me. I'm sorry for being blind. I'm sorry for confessing late. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way anymore because I was giving you too much false hope-"

"Jimin, calm down, please." Yoongi holds him by the shoulders and it's only until then that he catches the tears slowly running down Jimin's red cheeks.

"I'm sorry for being a huge douche to you back in the days. I'm sorry for being like this. I'm sorry for acting so petty when I actually liked you-"

"Park Jimin, I said calm down."

"I'm sorry for everything, Yoongi-hyung. I'm sorry for always messing with your feelings, I really am. I know I don't deserve to have someone as precious as you. I'm so sorr-"

Having no choice left, Yoongi crashes his lips into Jimin's soft ones. Although it was shocking to both persons, it made the tension disappear in an instant. Jimin calmed down immediately as he melts into the plain, but warm kiss. But before he could even kiss back, Yoongi had already pulled away.

"I'm sorry." Yoongi says, referring to the kiss. "You made me do it."

"It's okay." Jimin says, voice slightly hoarse now. He clenches his fists and looks down, letting his tears flow through. "Please don't leave."

He hears Yoongi sigh.

"I'm sorry."

Those were the last words until Yoongi finally walked out of his life like that. Jimin felt his knees go weak as he collapses on the ground like a lifeless person.

He thought that confessing his feelings would end things happily, but things just turned into a drastic twist.

___

___

in case you probably still don't know, i love angst and drama and sad shit. turn back now while u still can.

but it's too late tho 🌚

i updated this in the mall what is life