二十二 -

— twenty-two ;

"So are you two a thing now?" Yoongi's friend, Kim Namjoon (Namjoon for short) asks with a hint of surprise evident in his deep voice. He has dark-blonde hair that he dyed just a few weeks ago. Yoongi thought it looked really good on him, but he would never say that out-loud. Compared to the rather clingy Yoongi, Yoongi's more disciplined and quietin front his friends in college. Quite ironic, actually. 

Yoongi grabs the books he needs for his first classes and shuts his locker firmly afterwards. "We're not, wish we were though." he whispers the last part as he and Namjoon begin to move. 

"I heard that, hyung." Namjoon says and casually slings his arm around the older. Despite being a junior, Namjoon's taller than Yoongi who's a senior. "Hey, why don't you ask him to be your boyfriend after you guys finish-"

"No!" Yoongi shouts rather loudly, startling Namjoon and causing a few heads to turn their way before they returned to their own businesses. Yoongi sighs, "No." he says more quietly this time. 

"Well why not?"

"I already told you before that he doesn't see me that way. Plus, he's-"

"straight." they chorused. 

"I know." Namjoon affirms. "But you've told me before that he doesn't act his sex sometimes and somehow acts more of the opposite. I still remember when you told me that he touched your private area by "accident"." he continues, emphasizing the last word. 

"Because it was."

"Yoongi, he held it while you guys were watching a horror movie." Namjoon deadpans with a frown.

Yoongi blushes upon remembering the incident. "He probably thought it was a pillow, or my hand-"

"A pillow-" Namjoon puts a hand under his chin and rubs it in disbelief. "hyung!" 

"What?" Yoongi grunts, glaring at the younger. 

"You know what, whatever. Do your thing. I just..." Namjoon trails off, clamping his lips together. "just contact me whatever happens. Take care of yourself."

The older from the two nods. "Of course, and will do."

.
.
.

Jimin's walking home from school, earphones plugged in and all. He's in a pretty good mood today, even though he doesn't know why. But that doesn't matter. Taehyung and Jungkook went ahead, reasoning that they had some business to take care of. Jimin didn't care, as long as they don't do anything stupid that could get them in trouble. 

Whilst shuffling through his playlist, he suddenly hears faint cries somewhere that catch his attention despite his music being so loud. He removes them in a second and tries to pick up where the sound is coming from. 

He quickly runs to the direction, almost tripping along the way even. His silky, black hair bounces as he hastens his pace. Not even a minute has passed, he suddenly sees a person's back that's too familiar to not notice. 

"Jihyo?"

Jihyo is quick to recognize Jimin's voice and turns around, finally coming face to face with the boy she's neglected for years. Jimin's heart breaks upon seeing the girl's face. She had the most heartbreaking frown. "J-Jimin?"

Jimin reluctantly walks towards her and stares at her with wide eyes. "What... what happened?" He knows he should leave by now, but-

"I-it's nothing." Jihyo attempts to push her tears away with her sleeves, but Jimin prevents her from doing so.

"Here," the male grabs his handkerchief and lends it to her. "use this instead." He would wipe her tears himself, but he's too shy to do so. 

"Ah, you didn't have to do this." Jihyo laughs dryly, but uses the hanky any ways. Jimin's lips curve a little upon hearing her sweet laugh. "Thanks, Jimin."

"I don't wanna sound nosy, but what happened? Why are you.. crying?" Jimin had to ask, he had to. 

"My boyfriend broke up with me because he's leaving Korea today. He said he couldn't handle long distance relationships, so-"

"What a dick." Jimin growls. Jihyo's expression suddenly changes and Jimin gulps. "I-I mean-"

"No, it's okay. It's true." Jihyo laughs again, her tears now dry. 

Jimin smiles gently, scanning her still-pretty face. And Taehyung said she looked ugly. "Why are you laughing? You're not happy."

Jihyo shakes her head, laughing more. "I'm just somehow glad someone's here to comfort me. My friends didn't know how to, so thank you, Jimin." she says sincerely, staring deep into his eyes that Jimin had to look away otherwise he'd blush. He's actually flaring up inside. 

"No problem... hey," Jimin suddenly remembers something. Jihyo cocks her head to the side as the said male grabs his bag and zips it open, pulling something out. He shows her two movie tickets with a cute smile. "I.. I bought these a long time ago. Since... since you're sad right now, I was wondering if you would like to go with me to the movies tomorrow?" 

Jihyo looks at him in complete surprise. "For real? Are you being serious right now?"

Jimin hums affirmably. "Very. But it's okay if you don't want to-- uhm.." He slowly brings the tickets down, but the female grabs his hand first. Jimin feels his skin being electrified. 

"No, I'd love to, Jimin-ah." 

That's when Jimin loses it. His whole face flushes red from the nickname and he loses his sense of mind. Luckily, he quickly snaps and looks at Jihyo intently. "A-All right. It's settled then." he lends her one of the tickets. "Do you want me to go to your house and pick you up?" He can't believe he's actually going out with the girl he's been in love with for so long, and he thought he didn't have a chance.

"No, it's fine." Jihyo says. "Let's just meet up at the location."

"Okay then." 

What comes next shocks Jimin. Jihyo moves forward and gives him a tight embrace. Jimin frozes and the only thing warm is his heart. Not missing the opportunity, he wraps his arms around her waist and hugs her back. He sighs happily. Her hair smells like strawberries. Maybe that's why his favorite fruit is strawberry.

"I'll see you, okay? Don't be late or I'll cry again." Jihyo jokes, pulling away.

Jimin grins. "I'll be there an hour ahead." 

Jihyo just laughs and waves goodbye, skipping away as Jimin watches her go in awe. 

He doesn't know why his heart is beating so damn fast right now.

But he also doesn't know that he broke a heart. 

___

___

done with jimin's shit.