二十四 -

double update! pls read chap 23 first if u haven't~

___

___

— twenty-four ;

"Oh." is all Yoongi says, shoulders going lump as his grip on the gift behind his back slowly loosens. Jimin had explained it all, and he felt like millions of daggers stabbed him inside.

He doesn't know how to react exactly. He's just... sad.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry, hyung." Jimin soon notices the box behind the older, eyes going wide. "Is that... is that for me?"

Yoongi looks at him questionably until he realizes what he meant. He hesitantly brings the box in front and looks at it, preventing the younger's piercing gaze. "You mean this?"

"Y-Yeah. I don't wanna sound assuming, but is that for me?" Jimin asks again, gulping.

Yoongi continues staring at the box, mind completely blank and empty. He felt empty. "No."

Jimin's face softens. "Oh."

Yoongi sighs, looking at Jimin straight in the eyes. "Actually, yes it is yours." he says so strongly.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Yoongi somehow regains his confidence, now back to his old, cranky self. He pushes the box forcefully on the other's hands and frowns at him. "Have it, Jimin. Share it with your date, Jihyo, was it? Share it with her." he tells him as he tries his best to not let his voice break. "I'm sure you two would love it."

Jimin immediately felt bad because although Yoongi's showing a strong facade, he could see right through him. He could see that he was beyond upset and it was all Jimin's fault. "Hyung, I'm really sorry."

"What for? For forgetting our date-"

"It wasn't a date, hyung. I simply asked you out because you've been so nice to me..."

"It doesn't fucking matter if it was a date or not, Jimin. You technically ditched me and forgot our plans." Yoongi spits out, anger now evident on his voice.

"Why are you so mad any ways?" Now it's Jimin's turn to get pissed at his hyung's attitude. "It was just a small event I planned ahead and you didn't have to rage at me for forgetting such a simple thing."

Yoongi chokes out a dry, non-humorous laugh. "Simple thing? It might have been small for you, but it meant the world to me." he confesses. "And to think I expected so much from you.." he mumbles quietly, but Jimin hears it unfortunately.

"Expected what from me?" he asks curiously, as if to try and scare Yoongi off.

"I expected you better than this."

"What- that doesn't even make sense."

Yoongi takes a step back, feeling so stressed at the situation. But it's now or never. "I expected that because you asked me out... because you wanted to go with me and didn't want to tell the others... I thought that.."

"Thought what??"

"I thought that we actually had a chance."

Jimin stares at him in surprise. He surely did not expect Yoongi to think that way.

"Hyung..." Jimin's expression softens. "you misunderstood. You misunderstood everything."

Yoongi nods and bites his bottom lip for a second, resisting the urge to cry because heck- why would he cry over someone like Jimin? "I did, Jimin, I did." he intones. "It's just that... all the memories between us meant so much for me and your actions... your actions have been so bizarre that I felt like..."

Jimin patiently waits for him to continue.

"you already liked me, Jimin." Yoongi says, biting his lip again in slight frustration. He should not be doing this right now when he's already wrecked.

"I'm sorry for my actions, I really am." Jimin says. "But didn't we already talk about this before? With the others? Did I not tell you that you should just adjust and get used to it? My actions are my actions, hyung. I cannot just change who I am for a single person.. and that's you."

"You're just making people misunderstand, like me. I'm surprised of myself even, but I'm so stupid for not thinking."

Jimin's about to open his mouth to speak again, but Yoongi suddenly sees a girl, a pretty one, running towards their direction. He assures that's the so-called "Jihyo".

Yoongi stares intently at Jimin by then. "Adjusting is hard." Yoongi tells him with hurtful eyes.

"Jimin!" a high-pitched voice exclaims, instantly grasping Jimin's attention.

Yoongi frowns and decides to conclude the conversation despite the younger's attention elsewhere.

"But maybe... just maybe, it's time for you to adjust as well."