四十一 -

— forty-one ;

Jimin's at home, as usual, with textbooks and notebooks in front of him piled up like a mountain. It's almost New Year and yet he's so occupied like this. He has nothing to do any ways. He'd go out, but he figures that he should have a time out from that category and instead have some relaxation. "Studying".

Taehyung, Jungkook, and even Hoseok haven't returned yet either. He thought that maybe they're still busy managing the two's exit passes. Recalling that memory when they broke down that they traded the passes for some spray paints makes Jimin laugh. Idiots.

Suddenly, his mind drifts to Yoongi. He and the older haven't talked nor met each oher in a while. When they arrived in Seoul, Yoongi informed him that he will be busy studying for exams. Jimin took it as a sign to not bother him at all , but then he suddenly spots his hand already on the process of dialing Yoongi's number.

Calling Yoongi-hyung.......

End

"What are you doing, Jimin? The guy's no doubt studying and now you want to disrupt him?" Jimin scolds himself like a lunatic. Once he's done, he sighs and bends forward, knocking down his supplies alongside with his pens. "Why am I even thinking of him right now?"

Truth to be told, he already misses the older even though it's only been a few days. He doesn't even understand, but he keeps on longing for the older's warm presence. Yoongi's existence itself calms Jimin down. But when has he been like this? Does he perhaps-

Calling Yoongi-hyung.......

"Sorry, but I can't attend your call for now. Please leave a message after the-"

End

"Fucking idiot," Jimin curses at himself, his cheeks colouring in a bright shade of pink. "I told you he won't answer." He creates a tantrum by himself, literally throwing his body on the bed and frantically moving around.

He still doesn't know why he's like this.

.

.

.

The next day, Jimin decides to go to his university to check if his hyung is there. Luckily, he is.

"Oh, Jimin-ssi, what brings you here?" Jin questions in complete surprise. It's been forever since he last saw his sweet dongsaeng's face. "Aren't you supposed to be on vacation still? How was Jeju?" he attacks him with questions.

"Hey, hyung." Jimin first greets with a friendly smile. "It was very fun, actually. I enjoyed it a lot since my friends came along."

"So I've heard." Jin chuckles, glancing at his paper works but not really bothering to continue to his supposed-work now that Jimin is here. 

Jimin blinks in confusion. "From whom?"

"From Namjoon. Yoongi introduced me to him when you introduced me to Yoongi, right?" Jimin nods in agreement.

"So are you two close now?" he can't help but ask. He has to know if something's been going on between the two and maybe while he's at it, he could also ask about Yoongi.

Wait, what?

Jin shrugs breezily as he puffs his cheeks. "I guess so. He keeps on insisting me to drink with him, but I refuse every time." he shoots Jimin a look of a goner. "You know how I easily get a  hangover when I drink." 

Jimin laughs, memories flashing in his mind vividly. "You're the worst drinker, hyung. You'd babble about the weirdest things like when was the last time you pooped, who you texted last night, how good it feels like to-"

"Okay, I get it." Jin quickly cuts him off before the latter could say more, his cheeks and ears coloring up. "Don't you dare speak about this ever again, Park Jimin. Understood?" he orders seriously, pointing a pen towards the other's direction. 

"Understood." Jimin beams all giggly, his eyes crinkling up into tiny crescents. "Say..." Jin nods at him to continue. "have you seen Yoongi-hyung?"

The question slightly surprises the older as he rests his cheek against his hand. "Didn't you two arrive back together? I remember you telling me that. Tae and Kook are still at Jeju, right?"

Jimin sighs. "After we came back, we hadn't really been able to talk to each other that much." he says glumly as he looks down to his stubby fingers. 

"Hm," Jin places two fingers under his own chin, as if deep in thought. "maybe he's just busy. You know how college students are."

"I'm in college too, hyung." Jimin reminds him with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Oh, right. I thought you were in middle school still." He glares at him. "But hey, at least try to understand whatever situation Yoongi's in."

"I know he's busy." Jimin says with an almost exasperated sigh. "But can't he at least give me a sign that he's still alive? I didn't think he'd take it seriously to be a damn rock."

Jin raises an eyebrow, clueless about the last sentence. But he shrugs it off. "Jimin, it's literally only been like... two to three days? Chill."

However, the latter just ignores his statement and continues to complain, "I'm busy too, you know." He folds his arms and frowns, clearly upset. "But unlike him, I actually try and contact him whenever possible. He's the one who doesn't respond to any of my calls nor texts."

"Jimin, perhaps you just miss him?" Jin asks curiously, looking for any signs on Jimin's face.

The younger thinks for a moment, trying to process what Jin has just said. "I mean, if you haven't talked to your friend in a while, wouldn't you miss them?" he tries to revert the question to the amused male.

"But Yoongi's not just any friend, is he?" Jin stares at Jimin intently for reassurance.

Again, Jimin pauses to think. And he doesn't expect what he says next, "He's a special one.

___

___

jimin getting attached is something to anticipate.