Brother

"Why'd you have to go?" Mike Fuentes asked the grave in front of him, his eyes betraying his emotion as tears spilt over. "Uncle Mike?" A small voice asked, and he tuned go see his niece Victoria Bostwick Fuentes standing behind him, her pale skin and brown eyes a perfect combination of her parents. "Where's daddy?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. He couldn't respond, just looked at her until her mother Kellin came by and grabbed her hand taking her away from the grave.

Remember that song I wrote about
Your family years ago?
Well their waiting on you to
Come home

"What do I do? What do I say?" He asked Kellin that night, and he put his head in his hands. "Your dad tells me to pray, so I prayed and prayed but the hurt won't go away."
"The pain gets worse, it never stops." Kellin whispered after a moment of silence, and Mike nodded looking to his niece who had fallen asleep on the couch.
"Yeah."

I've asked the lord for us
To swap
I beg and plead cause you've got
Kids to feed

"Why is it always stormy weather? And brother tell me if it all gets better." Mike whispered, a whiskey bottle dangling in his hand. "Why did you leave, why did you die? You were too young. You had so much to live for, little Vic and Kells and the guys and the band and so much." He whispered, a tear falling down his face silently.

You finally made your brother cry
I hope your watching over us
Tonight

"I'm sorry I missed your call." Mike whispered at his brothers funeral, looking down at the missed call from his older brother just a few days earlier. "I wasn't there for you at all. Just know I thought it through maybe if id answered you...you would still be here." Kellin turned from the front row and sent Mike a small forced smile through the tears as he was called up to speak, his mother leaning heavily on his father for support. "No mores calls can't you see, I took for granted family. Once their gone you'll never get that back. No more laughs no more hugs, so hold on to the ones you love." He whispered, then ran out of the church to his house, were he stayed for a few more days drinking himself into such a stupor that his husband rarely came home.

Brother tell me when does it
Get better

"You finally made your brother cry." Kellin told his husbands grave stone with a chuckle, his hand caressing his baby bump as he sighed.

"Hold on to the ones you love."

hatter_jac oops. Also, this is crap bc I'm v tired.