Let Her Go {Hallows}

"Well you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow." Cole Shadows said with a sigh, and Dan Howell looked into her grey eyes which were closed off to him.
"Only know you love her when you let her go." He said quietly and she nodded before turning away.
"Only know you've been high when you're feeling low." Dan said suddenly, and she stopped.
"Only know you love her when you let her go, right Dan?" She asked, and he hung his head.

And you let her go

"Staring at the bottom of your glass hopping one day you'll make a dream last isn't gonna help anyone Dan." Phil said a few weeks later and Dan's head lifted from his glass of bourbon in his hand to meet Phil's eyes. "But dreams come slow and they go so fast. Have you ever had this feeling, where you see her when you close your eyes?"
"No Dan I can't say I have." Phil said softly, twisting his wedding ring around his finger with a smile.
"Maybe one day you'll understand why." He whispered and Phil nodded. "Maybe."

Everything you touch surely dies
Only know you love her when
You let her go

"Cole, I'm laying here staring at the ceiling in the dark, and it's just. I miss you. Your voice your smile your smell, everything." Dan said into his phone, and a deep sigh came from the other end. She had called him to try and fix things, and now tears streamed down both their cheeks.
"Do you feel it Dan?"
"What?"
"That feeling. The same old empty feeling in your heart." She whispered, and he nodded tears falling faster than before.
"Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast." He whispered back, and she let a small sob erupt from her chest before a jangling of keys and hurried footsteps could be heard.
"Cole?"
"I can't stay away."

"Well you see her when you fall asleep, but never to touch and never to keep." Phil said the second Dan called him, a yawn erupting as he spoke.  "Cause you loved her too much and you dived too deep." He continued, and Dan scoffed. "She's coming back."
"Well you let her go."

And you let her go