What Did You Expect {Jalex}

6 months have been and I'm
Still sick of everything that
Makes you smile

"I've been here before, I'm just hoping this will die down." Alex Gaskarth said with a sigh as he buried his head in his hands. "I feel like there's a but coming after that." The blue haired girl across from him said with a knowing smile, and he sighed at his best friend.
"But I've learnt from experience, that love is a risk." He finished and she nodded. "I know it feels that way now, but it gets better."

And I'm just hoping you're hearing this

"So maybe you'll know just how it feels to be sitting here wide awake and far from dreaming." He whispered to a old photo on the table as she left, and the brown eyes within looked back at him with a mix of happiness and guilt, though it was taken years before things got bad.

Don't tell me that I'll be fine

"My broken bones are caving in I feel you crawl beneath my skin." Alex screamed at Jack who was looking at the carpet in shame as Alex's eyes blazed with fury. "Alex please." He begged, and the other man scoffed. "No Jack. You went and fucked this up 'cause you couldn't keep your legs shut. Not me." He spat, and Jack let a single tear trail down his cheek

And you'll find me burning bridges
Searching for
Some sense of distance

"Tearing out post trauma stitches that held me together. I'm so far gone, my mind is racing." He whispered to to his friend once again and she let out a groan. "Alex come on it's not that bad." She whispered and he rolled his eyes.

Back and forth
I can't stop pacing
Thinking where we could
Have been if you
Just braved the weather

"Fuck his car and fuck his money!
He might pay for you but he's got nothing" Alex screamed at Jack, who let out a small laugh. "More than you." 
"Ya know what Jack? I won't be in sight when you realise that I might just have been a more stable support to the life that you'll build when he cuts himself short." He spat harshly, then turned and left

"Don't tell me that I'll be fine. I'm so sick of hoping you're right." He said as soon as his bedroom door opened, and the blue haired girl laid next to him. "I wasn't going to." She said with a small smile, and he nodded as a tear fell slowly down his face

"Take all I am tear me into pieces. Deconstruct my bones and tell me you still don't know who I am." Alex told Jack the next day when he saw the man in town, and Jack let out a small sigh.  "Alex, come on. I apologised. Can't we be friends?" He asked, and the brunette let out a laugh loud enough for serval people to hear. "You've got some nerve thinking we could be friends." He said, and at the tilt of the older mans eyebrows, he smirked.
"Well what did you expect? A fucking compliment?"

"So take what's left of me a broken fragment from before.  I guess I'll try to be the best I can without you here." Alex whispered to himself as he looked at the night sky, and Jack sat doing the same across the city, regret clouded his every thought.
"I know I'll find myself along this beaten track I'll have to let you go and let these ghosts stay in the past." He whispered, and went back inside as Alex picked up his phone, calling number that had been given to him earlier. "Hello?"
"This is Alex."
"Oh hey it's Vic."

I guess I'll be fine