Loser {Royan}

"Run, my dear, as fast as you can." Ryan sighed, his eyes watering up as he looked down at Ronnie, his form limp as his eyes fluttered open. "You killed me here, the blood's on your hands." He whispered back, his eyes wide and angry as he spotted a hickey on the side of his husbands neck, one that he hadn't put there.

"I don't really think that you will ever understand." Ryan sighed, and Ronnie let out a laugh. "The person that I was, the person that I am, I'm different now?" He asked, repeating lines that Ryan had given him time after time.

You're distant how
Will we ever work this out?

"You're always getting me high then you're pulling me low." Ronnie said once he was awake, a cup of water in his hand as he looked at Ryan from across the kitchen. "Then you beg me to stay, but you want me to go." Ryan defended, and Ronnie let out a laugh.
"You're always telling me "yes" but your answer is "no". If you want me to guess, I'm just a stranger you know." He replied, and Ryan shook his head.
"You win."
"If you call this winning why do I feel like a loser?" Ronnie asked, and Ryan's eyes widened in surprise, unable to respond.

I'm just a loser

"Run, my love, I'm back from the dead." Ronnie said sarcastically a few weeks later when he came back to the apartment, and Ryan rolled his eyes. "Let it go, it's all in your head."
"I could not believe that you will never let it be and nobody knows all the trouble you've seen." Ronnie replied, and pushed past the man roughly.

I get it sweetheart
We're always "low low low"
You're always pushing me away,
But then you're pulling me close so

"Let's make a toast to all the years we've wasted." Ronnie said with a smile as he turned, two cups of scotch in hand.
"Hold your glasses high for all the tears we've tasted." Ryan remarked dryly, and then tilted the glass back with a sour expression.

If you call this winning,
Why do I feel like a loser?

"Look what you've become." Ronnie said two years later as he walked with his daughter Willow tucked safely in her stroller, as Ryan came out of a shop, his eyes wild and his clothing torn.
"All the damage done." Ryan retorted, his eyes narrowing at the man before him. Ronnie scoffed, and then shook his head. "I guess I've won."

You're a fucking loser

"You're always getting me high then you're pulling me low." Ryan said as Ronnie handed off Willow to a woman who placed her in a car seat, and Ronnie turned, his brown eyes locking onto Ryan's own. "I'm just a stranger you know." He replied, and then let out a laugh. "Why do I feel like a loser?" Ronnie muttered, and then pushed past the man without a backwards glance.

I'm just a loser