What A Shame {Jebby}

"Two packs of cigarettes a day, the strongest whiskey Kentucky can make." Josh Dun said with a sigh, tilting a shot glass back as Debby jerked it away, her eyes wide. "That's a recipe to put a vagabond on his hands and knees. What are you trying to do?"
"I don't know Deb." He sighed, and she shook her head.

"I watched it all up close, I knew him more than most." The same girl said a year later, her blonde hair blowing in the breeze as she looked out at the crowd of mourners. "I saw a side of him he never showed. He was full of sympathy for a world that wouldn't let him be." She continued, looking down at the casket before her as the January winds beat against her calf length black coat, causing a shiver to cut her to the bone.

That's the man he was,
Have you heard enough?

"I can't believe he drank like that. I thought he was happy." Jenna Joseph said later, and Tyler shook his head. "I guess he's just a liar. Huh?" She laughed, and Tyler's eyes flashed. "Shame on you."
"What?"
"You. What a shame to judge a life that you can't change. You couldn't have done anything and judging him like that. What a shame."
"Tyler I was just saying."
"We're not all the same."

What a shame

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue." Josh whispered to Debby as they sat on the couch in the living room, and she shook her head. "Why do you think that?"
"That's the way that I see life."
"Josh..."
"If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right."

That's the man he was,
Have you heard enough?

"I can't believe that I have to fucking beg you to see we're not all the same." She spat the next week when Jenna and Tyler came by, Jenna still questioning the things that Debby had been saying until she kicked them out, apologising to Tyler as he apologised to her.

"God forgive the hands that laid you down." She whispered to Josh's picture later that night, and a single tear fell down her cheek as she looked at it, his smile once so full of life now dimmed. "They never knew how much a broken heart can break the sound and change the season." She whispered, pulling a blanket tighter around her body despite the warmth of the house. "Now the leaves are falling faster than our happily ever after." She sighed, a small laugh escaping her throat.
"What a shame."

'Cause we're not all the same