When The Day Met The Night {Hallows}

"Mama!" four year old Danielle Howell yelled, and Cole turned with a smile as the girl bounded over, a smile on her face. "Yes baby?"
"Can you tell the story of you and daddy? But the sun and moon one?" She asked, blinking her brown eyes as Cole gave a small smile, her eyes trailing to a framed picture of her husband Dan. "Yes of course. Sit down." she said, and Danielle did so quickly, her eyes shining with excitement as Cole's did with tears. "Okay. When the moon fell in love with the sun all was golden in the sky." she began, looking at her hand where a small sun was tattooed, one that she had gotten only after Dan died.
"All was golden when the day met the night."

"When the sun found the moon, she was drinking tea in a garden." she sighed, and memories of Dan and her meeting came flooding back.

Under the green umbrella trees
In the middle of summer

"When the moon found the sun, he looked like he was barely hanging on. But according to him her eyes saved his life, in the middle of summer."
"All was golden when the day met the night." Danielle said quietly, and Cole nodded to her with a smile. "All was golden in the sky."

All was golden when the
Day met the night

"What happened next?" the girl asked, and her mother shook her head with a smile. "Im getting there. So he said, "Would it be all right
If we just sat and talked for a little while? If in exchange for your time, I give you this smile?"

Dan flashed a cocky grin, and Cole burst out laughing, nodding and moitioning to a chair next to her. "That's okay long as you can make a promise, not to break my little heart."
"Anything else?"
"Or leave me all alone in the summer."
"And then?"

"Well he was just hanging around, then he fell in love. And he didn't know how but he couldn't get out." she laughed, wiping a story test from her cheek.

Just hanging around
Then he fell in love

"Then, after 2 years we were married. You were on your way, our little ball of sunshine. But daddy got sick. My moon was fading out, and I was too. His last day was the worst. He was pale and sick, he could barely move. But he touched you, while you were in my tummy and then he smiled. I'll always remember his smile." she said, and then stopped, trying to cry like she did everyday when she saw her daughter looking more and more like Dan.

When the moon fell in love with the sun
All was golden in the sky
All was golden when the
Day met the night

"What did Daddy say before he went to heaven?"
"Well Danni, he said 'I fell in love with you, in the middle of summer."
"And what did you say?"
"You didn't leave me all alone."

In the middle of..