❥ Chapter 6: Secrets

"It's this one, right?" Grillby asked, slowing down before making a turn into the driveway.

"yep." Sans gave Grillby a thumbs up.

Grillby parked on the driveway, checking his surroundings and being careful of how close he was to the other cars nearby.

It was dark by now, and the driveway was full.

Both monsters unbuckled their seatbelts, but before Sans opened the car's door, Grillby stopped him, delicately holding on to his sleeve.

"Perhaps I should've asked earlier, but how are you feeling?" He asked, concern in his voice.

Sans smiled.

"way better, actually. though i do ask of you to please keep this a secret between the two of us. don't wanna worry anyone else, y'know."

As much as Grillby didn't like that Sans was so secretive about these things, especially with his brother, he respected his wish and understood his reasoning.

Giving Sans a small nod, Grillby unlocked the doors and exited the car, followed by the smaller monster.

As they approached the entrance, music could be heard blaring inside.

"my turn to open the door for the gentleman." Sans playfully teased, unlocking the front door and extending his skeletal hand into the inside of his home.

"Witty." Grillby sarcastically laughed, stepping into the skeleton's house and taking a small look around.

It was very cozy inside, and there was a wide array of abstract paintings hung on the wall, in addition to some framed pictures and a very peculiar artwork of a singular bone with a green background.

Sans closed the door behind him and locked it.

"those paintings you're looking at, my brother painted them, except the bone. i bought that one back in the underground. nice, ain't it?" Sans admired the painting before signaling Grillby to follow him into the living room.

"HELLO, BROTHER! I WAS GETTING WORRIED, WHERE WERE YOU?" Papyrus was first to greet, lowering the music playing from the portable speaker next to him.

He was sitting on the floor with Undyne and Alphys, sorting through a pile of movies by genre.

"sorry, bro. i lost track of time." Sans lied, to Grillby's personal disapproval.

"I SEE YOU DECIDED TO BRING SOMEONE IN THE END! HELLO, GRILLBY! MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME." Papyrus welcomed the fire monster, getting up on his feet to shake his hand.

"Good to see you, Papyrus. Thank you." Grillby returned a warm smile, going in for the handshake before turning to face Undyne and Alphys, who were getting up on their feet as well.

"Hello, my name is Grillby, it's an honor to meet such important figures to the monster kind." He introduced himself, bowing his head out of respect.

Throughout his life, he never would've imagined to get the opportunity to meet the Royal Scientist and the leader of the Royal Guard.

Especially at a movie night.

"Eheheh... Y-you don't have to do that. Please call me Alphys." Alphys blushed, nervously going in for a handshake.

"I'm Undyne. Pleased to meet ya! I hear your bar opened about a month ago, congrats on that!" Undyne chimed in, going in for a handshake as well.

Grillby smiled, flattered.

"Thank you." He said.

"Oh! And congrats to you and Sans as well!" Undyne added, winking at Grillby and giving him a light punch.