Chapter 31: Arguement

Sans sighed right after he had just taken a long order from customers arriving at a fast pace.

He felt tired and stressed out.

The nightmares played over and over in his head.

They just wouldn't get out of his mind.

All they did was make his day even worse, along with his health and behavior.

He had been distant to Grillby.

They hadn't talked much to each other asides from a small 'good morning' or 'here, have more orders'.

Sans was handing Grillby the new handful of orders when the bartender instead of taking the orders, grabbed him by the wrist instead.

"Sans? Babe, what's wrong?" Grillby asked in a small whisper, an intoxicating worry filling his usually serene tone.

"i'm fine, just tired" the skeleton lied through his smile.

Grillby furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed.

"Stop saying you are okay when I can see it right through your eyes; they betray your what so called 'smile'. Sans, I've known you for years, I know when you are okay or not, so please tell me if I did anything wrong or if anything is going on that is hurting you. I'm here for you" Grillby said.

"grillby.... it... isn't you who did anything wrong. it's just that... i need some time alone to think things through" Sans murmured.

Grillby let go of Sans' hand and stared at him with a slightly frustrated expression.

"Think about what, Sans" he demanded for an answer, his calm flames beginning to rise up.

"grillby, there are things you wouldn't understand, and telling you would'nt fix anything."

"But you wouldn't be alone like you've always been ever since we were back in the Underground"

"grillbz-"

"No, don't you 'Grillbz' me! Sans I'm here for you but you do not seem to get that. I thought that by now you would've trusted me enough to tell me things. Apparently, that's not the case! Keeping all this emotions to yourself will only destroy you and I refuse to standby and watch it happen slowly. I care enough to risk my own self to help you in any way possible!" Grillby snapped, getting a small crowd of attention from the customers.

Sans just stood there, eyes wide open due to the immense shock to Grillby's loud tone of voice.

It was the first time he had heard Grillby's reach that volume.

Grillby jus huffed, ignoring the customer's glances, and stormed off to the kitchen with the orders in his hands, leaving a quiet tension behind.

The conversations slowly picked up once again.

Murmurs and whispers were heard from across the bar, Sans had just stood there, silently.

Sans looked at the doorway to the kitchen and exhaled sharply, before making his way to it and entering.

Grillby was cooking the order.

His moves were sharp and fierce, making his angry emotion seem quite clear.

"i'm sorry" Sans apologized.

Grillby completely ignored him and kept cooking as if there was no one with him at the moment.

Sans felt his soul almost break (metaphorically of course) at this cold treatment he had never seen in Grillby.

There is a first time to everything, and this was the first time Sans saw Grillby mad at him.

So this is how he acts when he's mad, he thought.

He stood there for almost a minute before attempting to approach to Grillby, but as soon as he did, Grillby just sped past him out of the kitchen with the freshly cooked order in hands , not even sparing the skeleton a glance or any attention of sort.

Sans looked down at the ground and tried to keep his composure.

Taking in a long shaky breath, he stepped out of the kitchen and got back into work. ____________________________

Throughout the rest of the afternoon, Grillby had completely disregarded Sans' attempts to fix the conflict between them.

The clients could apparently notice this from mile away since all they did was murmur things like, 'Is there something going on with them?' or 'Are they in a fight?'.

Thankfully, the bar soon closed.

Once the last customer was gone, Sans went into the kitchen, where Grillby was at cleaning it up and restocking the ingredients.

"grillby?" Sans spoke up, attempting to get the bartender's attention.

The elemental kept cleaning, his moves noticeably stiffening up.

Sans walked towards Grillby, and once again, called out for him, his voice revealing the sorrow and guilt he felt.

This time, Grillby's moves finally began getting shaky, and his breathing was sharp.

Sans leaned in closer to Grillby's face and noticed he was silently crying to himself.

Grillby looked away and hid his face, wiping his hot, burning magical lava-like tears off.

Never.

Had he ever, seen Grillby cry.

He not even knew if he could or not.

He usually was in full control of his emotions and was a calm individual in control.

This was serious.

Sans hugged Grillby from the back, who still completely ignored him and continued organizing the place.

"i can't stand this anymore... i'm so sorry babe if i offended you or anything. i was just trying to protect you from learning a truth that i don't know how it will affect you. i'm sorry i pushed you out. please don't be mad at me..." Sans asked for forgiveness, his eye sockets starting to fill up with tears.

Without saying anything at all, Grillby turned around, bent over, and hugged Sans.

"I wasn't mad at you. I was ...hurt... I thought that you didn't trust me enough to tell me whatever had happened. I... I should be the one apologizing too. I'm sorry for treating you that way. I hate being conflicted with you." Grillby apologized, wiping Sans' tears off.

Sans put a hand over Grillby's.

"i love you" Sans whispered.

"I love you too, Sansy. But I'm still counting on you to explain to me whatever it is that has been bothering you. I assure you I will not let things change in between us." the bartender assured.

Sans sighed.

"can i stay over tonight? it's a very long story.."

"Of course you can!" Grillby allowed sounding a bit more enthusiastic.

He loved it when Sans stayed over for the night.

Sans took out his phone and notified his brother he would be staying over with Grillby.

Once that out of the way, the two headed upstairs to the apartment right above the bar and prepared themselves to go to bed.

Grillby sat in his bed, an arm over Sans, and sighed.

"guess this is the time to tell you, isn't it?"

___________________

Sorry if its taking me a long time to update. Sometimes you just feel quite uninspired to write/draw. But don't worry, I'm gonna be writing nonstop for you guys. Thank you for your patience!

Anyway, guess it's time for Grillby to learn a hard truth, aka, the resets!