Chapter 38: A Friendly Call

A few months quickly passed by.

Before they even knew it, autumn was close to its beginning.

Grillby's bar had only been growing more to success over the summer.

With the help he needed filled in, he was now able to make make more moves to a better business.

The employees at the bar were excellent assistants.

They were always there to help, and did a good job on giving Grillby some good ideas to brighten up the place a bit more.

What was great about it though, is that a few of them were already close to him.

There was Papyrus who assisted now in the kitchen as a chef.

His cooking had definitely gotten much better, to the point where people loved it!

Because of this, the menu list had only grown longer with much more variations of different foods made by the tall skeleton.

One of the dishes that went on a successful rampage was of course, the one and only, spaghetti.

Sans was prouder than ever at his little brother.

he's grown to an amazing young man, he always said.

Then there was Red Bird.

Red was the manager in charge of the bar when Grillby and Sans were on break.

He was always on duty, making sure everything was in place.

He even helped the rest of the crew when he didn't have anything else to do.

Grillby was glad he had someone like Red in charge of the bar in his absence.

Knowing it was him, and not some stranger he'd just met taking care of the bar he had come to love so much, was relieving.

Then came a pair of young women by the names of, Andrea and Rosa.

They were close relatives, sisters to be exact.

Andrea was a great chef just like Papyrus.

She had brought many different dishes into the bar with her too.

She had brought the Mexican food, an unfamiliar type of food to monsters.

Yet, her dishes had become some of the most ordered dishes from the bar.

One of the favorites were her new, freshly made, tamales.

Papyrus had become quite intrigued by the new type of dish, and eventually came to love it, not as much as his classic spaghetti obviously.

Andrea was also in charge of keeping the kitchen intact, making sure Papyrus didn't burn it down with his fierce, yet graceful way of cooking.

Rosa, she was a waitress.

She usually talked to her customers, a lot.

Asides from that, she was a fast walker and always got her work done, keeping all the customers happy.

She got along very well with everyone she met, and was very charming too.

This left the customers with a want to come back feeling.

The next employee was young twenty year old woman.

Her name, was Jasmine.

She was a shy introvert, but once you got to meet her and earned her trust, she was a person full of color.

Jasmine was a very creative individual, and always came up with great ideas.

She was the one in charge of arranging events ever since the day she suggested allowing people make reservations to celebrate birthdays inside the bar.

Jasmine also helped as a waitress and sometimes was even the one behind the cash register counting the money earned, by Josh, thus leading us to our next crew member.

Josh was the one welcoming customers half of the time, and handing out the orders.

He usually was the one who stood behind the cash register and taking orders' money.

Josh was always in for helping others when needed.

He usually acted very professional, a trait which Grillby seemed to love, and was very neat.

Whenever Josh was not occupied in his job, he normally sat in the newly built stage beside the juke box- an idea from Jazmine for Karaoke nights on Fridays- and played some variations of different instruments.

Sans couldn't help but to be a bit jealous, acknowledging the fact he could only play the trombone, and was nothing but a useless pile of bones to his view.

Grillby however, would always tell him that he loved him the way he is and wouldn't change him for some random stranger that can play the guitar, piano, flute, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, French horn, violin, oboe, clarinet, and last but not least, the tuba.

This only made Sans feel a bit better.
__________

Grillby and Sans had only grown closer to one another.

They were always together whenever they had the chance, playing with each other like little kids, or complimenting each other.

Everything was flowing smoothly.

Until....

"Boss! Someone is calling you through the phone! They say they need to talk to you urgently!" Rosa almost shouted due to the loud ruckus inside the bar.

Grillby quickly rushed over to the opposite side of the counter and took the phone, putting it beside where his ear should be.

"Thank you. Just call me Grillby." He thanked with a warm smile before actually answering it.

"Hello. How can I help you?"

"Hello dear son. Guess who's getting out of Hotlands to visit?" A deep, rumbling, older voice spoke up.

Grillby froze in place, his eyes going wide with shock, and his flames going a royal blue-ish hue.

"F-Father?!"

Shit.
____________

Well this was a short chapter. Still though, by far, it's one of my favorites.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Leave your comments down below, those always make my day so much better.

;)