Chapter 34: The Date Part 1

Grillby and Sans were on their way to the Sans and Papyrus' house when they received a call from the skeleton himself.

"Yes?" Grillby picked up.

"GRILLBY! ARE YOU AND MY BROTHER READY?" Papyrus asked.

"Yeah. We went shopping. He changed into a more appropriate outfit" Grillby answered.

"WOWIE! THANKS FOR GETTING HIM TO WEAR SOMETHING DECENT! IT WAS ALWAYS SO HARD TO GET HIM TO WEAR SOMETHING MORE FORMAL!" Papyrus wowed.

"We're on our way to the house by the way. Hey, um... Do you mind if I ask where the dates are taking place?" Grillby curiously wondered.

"WELL THAT'S A SURPRISE! UNDYNE AND I WILL TELL YOU, AND THE REST THE PLACES WE'RE GOING TO. YOU AND SANS ARE THE ONLY ONES LEFT SO GET OVER HERE QUICK! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!" Papyrus exclaimed.

Grillby chuckled.

"Of course I will."

"CAN YOU PASS THE PHONE TO MY BROTHER PLEASE? I WANT TO TELL HIM SOMETHING" Papyrus politely asked.

"Uh, ok. Hold on"

Grillby handed his cell phone to Sans, who was dead asleep on the passenger's seat, and nudged him awake with a hand as he kept on driving.

"wha-..."

"It's your brother."

Sans took the phone and answered.

"papyrus?" He drowsily spoke up.

"SANS YOU BETTER HAVE NOT BEEN ASLEEP! YOU'RE GONNA WRINKLE YOUR NEW CLOTHES BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO SHOW THEM TO ME!" Papyrus shouted, making Sans put the phone to a further distance to his face.

Even Grillby heard that loud voice of Papyrus.

"ok" is all Sans responded.

"OK!? IS THAT ALL!? THAT'S NOT EVEN AN ANSWER THAT ANSWERS WHAT I JUST SAID! UGH! NEVERMIND ABOUT THAT, BROTHER!" Papyrus groaned.

"ok"

"NYEH! YOU'RE DOING IT! AGAIN! IGNORING THAT, ALL I WANTED WAS TO TELL YOU TO NOT FALL ASLEEP AT THE DATE, AND BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR. BE A GENTLEMAN AND MAKE GRILLBY FALL DEEPER FOR YOU! ALSO, I WANTED TO WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP... AND THAT I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH GRILLBY FOR A LONG LIFETIME..." Papyrus said.

Sans' non-existent heart fell warm with love.

"thanks paps... love you bro. i also wish you the best of luck in your relationship with Metta..." He sighed.

"LOVE YOU TOO BUT... BROTHER... IS SOMETHING WRONG?" Papyrus noticed the bit of sadness in his brother's voice.

"nah. it's just that... i can't believe it! my little brother is a well grown man with a relationship and all. i'm so proud of you bro." Sans said.

"AW! THANKS SANS! I'M ALSO PROUD OF YOU TOO!"

"proud of... me? why?"

"FOE BEING MY AMAZING BIG BROTHER I LOVE SO DEARLY!" Papyrus beamed.

Sans grinned affectionately.

If Papyrus was there next to him at the moment, he would've definitely pulled him into a warm hug.

"thanks paps..." He thanked.

"SAME GOES FOR YOU SANS! WELL, SEE YOU LATER! NOW HURRY UP SO WE CAN GET STARTED!!!!" Papyrus rushed.

"okay, okay" Sans chuckled.

"bye bro"

"BYE SANS! LOVE YOU!"

"love you too"

Sans hung up.

"That was adorable" Grillby spoke up teasingly.

"oh be quiet babe" Sans playfully ordered, a light blue blush spreading across his face.

"Alright" Grillby snickered.
_______________________

The couple soon arrived to their destination within a few minutes, only to be greeted by Papyrus, whom seemed very impatient; almost to the point of screaming to the world on top of his lungs he couldn't wait for the date.

"OH FINALLY YOU TWO ARRIVED!" He shouted excitedly, grabbing the couple by the wrists and pulling them inside the house.

"woah paps. your bones seem quite rattl-"

"SHUT IT SANS! NO TIME FOR PUNS! WE NEED TO GET STARTED WITH OUR DATES!!" Papyrus cut Sans off.

"GUYS!!! THEY'RE HERE!!!" Papyrus loudly announced.

Loud footsteps were heard coming down the stairs, in just a few seconds, the rest of the group was there on their toes greeting Grillby and Sans enthusiastically.

"Sup my dudes!" Undyne welcomed, hugging the two of them by the shoulders.

"heya undyne"

"Evening Ms.- uh... Undyne"

The two replied.

"Uh... Ms.? Oh don't be so formal you punk! If you are that bonehead's lover, that makes you one of my besties as well. Just call me Undyne"

"Oh... I'm sorry... that just... came out of my mouth... sorry hehe" Grillby apologized awkwardly.

"No need to apologize!" Undyne assured, prodding Grillby's elbow in a playful manner.

"H-hey guys!" Alphys addressed, hugging Sans gently and then getting on her tip toes to hug Grillby in a welcoming way.

"hey al" Sans smiled.

"Hello Alphys." Grillby saluted.

"You two look great!" she complimented.

"Thank you"

"thanks"

They thanked in unison.

"Oh darlings! Papy and I've been waiting for centuries now! This mystery to where we are going is killing me slowly. I need to know where the date is taking place! And quick!" Mettaton dramatically bawled, putting a hand over his forehead and letting himself fall over Papyrus, who held him in place from falling and hitting the hard floor, and blushing a light shade of orange only to let out a strained laughter a few seconds after.

"W-WELL..."

"Papyrus and I will take you guys there ourselves, so get in the car nerds!" Undyne spoke up for the taller skeleton.

"YES! INDEED!" Papyrus frantically nodded.

"Oh! Finally! this curiosity only grows stronger within me every second that passes by! My handsome looking hero" Mettaton cried out, giving Papyrus a small peck on his mouth.

Sans just stared in awe as his taller brother became so quickly flustered.

"We should go get in their car" Grillby whispered, snapping Sans out of his thoughts.

"right..." he agreed.

Once in the car, the rest quickly followed and got inside Papyrus' red convertible.

"SEATBELTS PLEASE!" Papyrus sang.

With that done, he began driving to the destination only he and Undyne knew after planning out their dates for a long hour.

'This is going to be fun!'

______________

Sorry this chapter took so long... i suck at updating don't I? I was having some issues at home, and school will be staring next Tuesday so there goes that...

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter! The next chapter will most likely be filled with lots of fluff...