★ Chapter 15: Surprises ★

It was beautiful, golden morning.

Papyrus was downstairs, preparing his best dish yet, home made pancakes.

The tall skeleton let out a proud laugh as he flipped a burned pancake up in the air 'professionally'.

After cooking six 'pancakes', Papyrus turned the stove off and trotted over to the living room, where he then took a seat elegantly and began eating his creations.

Just as the skeleton was about to take another forkful, due to the new absence of cooking noise, a repeated, very annoying beep was heard piercing through the quietness of the house once again.

Papyrus grumbled and turned on the TV.

He raised the volume in an attempt to ignore the ring, however, the sound still cut through the voices of the television.

"NYEH! SANS COULD YOU PLEASE TURN YOUR ALARM OFF!?" Papyrus frustratedly shouted, pausing the television in order to be able to hear more clearly his brother's response.

There was no response, only quiet.

Just that stupidly annoying faint, piercing noise.

Papyrus stood up, threw the remote control on the couch, and placed his plate on the small table at the center of the living room.

He stomped up the stairs fiercely and knocked on Sans' door loudly.

"SANS!!! WOULD YOU PLEASE TURN THAT OFF?!" Papyrus repeated in exasperation.

There still wasn't an answer.

At this point, the last straw was nonexistent.

Papyrus slammed the door open.

"SANS WAKE UP! WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER AND DON'T YOU HAVE TO GO TO WORK TODAY!?" He shouted as he approached to Sans' bed and pulled the blankets away from his brother.

Papyrus squeaked with surprise at the sight.

Grillby and Sans laid there on the bed, both cuddled together and without a shirt.

Papyrus' face turned a deep shade of orange and covered his eye sockets, turning away from the scene.

"Well, I wasn't expecting this...." He murmured under his breath.

Grillby was the first one to open his eyes.

Oh fuck, he thought at the sight of Papyrus there.

Grillby quietly shook Sans awake, desperate for him to wake up at that moment.

Wake up, he internally pleaded.

"mnngh" Sans moaned, waking up from his deep slumber.

The short skeleton looked at Grillby with a 'what's wrong?' look.

Grillby pointed at Papyrus, who was still with his eye sockets closed, turned away from the two.

His smile dropped dead at the instant he realized his brother was there.

"paps! what are you doing h-here!?" He inquired embarrassedly, covering both himself and Grillby with a blanket.

"I'M SORRY BROTHER! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SHIRTLESS! NEITHER THAT GRILLBY WAS HERE WITH YOU, AND ALSO SHIRTLESS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! ALL I CAME FOR IS TO TELL YOU TO TURN OFF THAT ALARM THAT HAS BEEN RINGING FOR AT LEAST 40 MINUTES!" Papyrus quickly clarified.

There was an awkward silence.

"you could've just knocked"

"I DID! BUT YOU DIDN'T WAKE UP!... YOU LAZYBONES​... SO I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAD TO COME IN HERE MYSELF TO WAKE YOU UP FOR WORK!" Papyrus exclaimed.