★ Chapter 13: A Loving Home ★

Once home, Sans took a seat on the couch and let out a long exhale.

He was still quite fatigued and could feel his eyes already giving up on him.

"do you want anything to drink?" Sans offered, his voice soft and caring.

Even in his state of mind, and very tired conditions, he still wanted to be attentive with his guest.

"No thank you, Sans. I'm fine. You need to rest. You look tired." Grillby spoke with concern, leaning closer to Sans and putting a hand on his shoulder.

There was a mere moment of silence before Grillby reluctantly began speaking his concerns.

"Today was a pretty eventful day and I just wanted to ask how things happened and if you're okay-"

"-don't worry about me. i'm fine now, really." The skeleton interrupted and hugged himself, avoiding eye contact with Grillby.

Ignoring every ounce of guilt from the amount of lies stacking up between him and Grillby, Sans comforted himself with the realization that he wasn't entirely lying.

He could feel his magic coming back very slowly.

"I see... oh I shouldn't have. It's a soft spot clearly, and i still invaded your privacy like that. I just am still worried." Grillby got up slowly.

"hey don't sweat it, it's fine."

"I guess I'm leaving now... If you need anything give me call. I'm here for you if you need anything."

Sans glared at Grillby as he started walking away.

His soul began beating intensely as he stopped Grillby.

"wait." He began.

"Hm?"

"can you, uh, stay? it'd be nice having you around this night after today. i feel safe around you... and uh, yeah... um..." Sans stuttered.

His face was burning up, this was so embarrassing to him and it was killing him.

He was scared of Grillby's answer.

What if he couldn't stay and he'd just made himself look clingy?

What if he feels incredibly uncomfortable because of him?

There was a knot at his throat he couldn't describe.

"Of course I can stay here with you!" Grillby finally answered, letting out a small giggle.

It was a giggle of multiple mixed emotions.

Happiness, excitement, nervousness, and so many other ones.

"do you wanna borrow some of my brother's pijamas? i'm pretty sure they'll fit you." Sans instantaneously began receiving Grillby.

"I can sleep without them. I don't want to bother your brother by taking his clothes without permission."

"come on grillbz. you know papyrus, he'd be more than happy to let you borrow stuff."

"Alright..."

Sans went upstairs.

He quietly entered his brother's room, slowly and cautiously closing the door behind him.

Sans walked towards Papyrus' racecar bed and gently sat on the edge of the bed.

"papyrus" He gently shook his brother awake.

Papyrus rubbed his eyes, waking up from his sleep and halfway sat up.

"BROTHER?" He asked still half asleep.