★ Chapter 59: Alone ★

Sans heaved an almost saddened sigh as he fiddled with the engagement ring he had bought before his sudden inconvenience.

Papyrus had left already, the house was weirdly quiet.

The only sounds heard came from the outside—the soft scratchy like sounds caused by the wind blowing the leaves into oblivion and the faint barking of a neighbor's dog.

A warm, golden light pierced in through the blinds, creating a nice contrast between the cold feeling of the winter and its warmth.

Sans was on his bed, lying over his stomach and wearing his blue hood over his head, thoughtful as usual.

Once again, the constant thought of being a weight to carry seeped into his mind through every single crack of his every thought.

You're not worth it, it repeated.

It was shocking how much things had changed ever since that very same Spring.

He was engaged, love between his friends was flourishing, and his health was slowly diminishing as it seemed.

He didn't understand why he felt like that.

He was happy—no, he is happy.

You have things to smile for, he reminded himself as he sat up on his bed and placed the ring on the counter sitting next to his bed.

Today is the day.

Sans wasn't gonna waste anymore time feeling like shit.

Events like last could happen any day when least expected, he realized, and all he wanted to do for the rest of his life is be happy with his husband, brother, and his friends.

Sans got on his feet, a slight dizzy feeling in his head, and slipped on his pair of pink slippers.

"ah... it's been a while." He sighed, looking down at his slippers and wiggling his toes inside the fuzzy texture.

It was nice wearing those slippers, it brought so many memories.

He'd been the owner of those comfy slippers for years now and that blew his mind.

Though memories were mostly good, he couldn't help but to be reminded subconsciously of one of his deepest, hidden fears.

It's gonna be alright, he told himself in his thoughts.

Things are different now. . .

Calmly, Sans walked out of the room, and then downstairs into the kitchen.

It wasn't a big deal if he walked around a bit in his house, sure the doctor said he needed lots of rest, but doing nothing seemed to be getting more boring to Sans to his own surprise with the pass of time.

"who am i even more? haha" He chuckled, opening the fridge and taking a bottle of ketchup.

Boy did he certainly missed this.

His slippers, his ketchup...

The snow brushing against his cheekbones, the magic filled air, seeing the colorful decorative lights throughout the year, the sweet yet so distant echoes of the waterfalls, and the wonderful colors of nature.

He was definitely happier on the surface, but just because of that, he wasn't going to forget the place where he was raised.

Quite frankly, he missed it.

Not too much though, just a bit.

Sans took a seat on the couch and laid his head back, sinking further deeper into his thoughts.

There was something he couldn't seem to get out of his mind.

He knew something was off.

His soul, it wasn't okay, but he seemed to be unable to decipher what was wrong with it even after countless check ups.

Sans furrowed his eye brows and closed his eyes.

"think." He whispered to himself calmly.

After nothing coming to mind, Sans sat back up and took out his soul.

It looked normal asides from the fact it was dull, which was probably justified with the weak physical condition he was in at the moment.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, and that made Sans frustrated and angry.

There was something wrong, and he felt it in his nonexistent gut.

He felt determined to find out what was wrong.

Either way, for one to get better and recover, it was needed to have a precise diagnosis to know how to properly do so.

He needed equipment and there was only one place he could think of.

The lab.

Sans looked out through the window by the driveway, in hopes Grillby had decided to walk to work and left his car behind.

"fuck" he groaned once seeing the drive way was empty.

Taking into consideration asking a close friend to borrow their car, he quickly pushed that option off the table.

He could also wait for Grillby or Papyrus to get home to use their car, but either they would not let him go, or they'd go with him and be overly protective as usual, and that's just not a good option.

For the first time in his life, he actually needed a car or some sorts of transportation.

Weird.

Suddenly, an idea flashed through his mind.

He wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but it's the best option he had so far.

Looking again through the window, he confirmed his previous sightings at the notice of two cars in the driveway of his neighbor.

Hesitantly, Sans unlocked the front door and locked it behind him before starting to make his way to the neighbor's house.

He was nervous, his hands inside his pockets were probably shaking.

"stay calm" he told himself, hoping this person was nice, and well you know, not racist towards monsters.

He knocked on the door as the regret sunk into him already.

Why did I even consider this, he panicked.

—•ღ•—

Well about time I resume to updating this book. Sorry for the wait, young readers. What matters, is that I'm back here and ready to update for real this time. 👌👌👌