Chapter 54: Christmas Part Two

"yeah?.... uh-huh.... m'k. bye, love you~" Sans hung up, slipping his phone into his christmas themed hoodie's pocket.

Taking a leap off the kitchen stool, Sans walked to the living room and knocked on the wooden door frame as he entered to alert his friends and brother of his presence.

"hey, bro. grillby says he's on his way here." He spoke up.

"FANTASTIC THEN! THIS SHALL BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS PARTY IN ALL HISTORY!" Papyrus chirped with excitement.

Sans nodded in agreement, a wide smile on his face.

Seeing Papyrus smile is more than what he could have asked for today as a gift.

"Hey, Sans!" Undyne greeted.

"sup undyne."

"So, anything planned for tonight?~" Undyne smirked, elbowing Sans gently on his side.

"I'm blinking under my eye patch if you haven't noticed." She quickly added.

Sans stared at Undyne with an unamused expression.

"what about you? where's the 'sexy' costume?" Sans snickered.

Undyne's face turned a deep red hue.

Without any words, she stuck out her middle finger and laughed out loud before walking away.

"You got me there!"

There was a loud clashing sound.

Sans quickly reacted and checked what had happened over his shoulder.

Papyrus had simply dropped a few boxes filled with Christmas ornaments.

"MY BAD! EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT! NOTHING HAPPENED!" Papyrus assured, nervously rubbing the back of his skull.

"you okay there bro? let me help." Sans asked, leaning down and helping his younger brother carefully place the ornaments back to their correct place in the box.

"I'M COMPLETELY FINE BROTHER, THANK YOU. I'M SURPRISED YOU HAVEN'T BEEN SUCH A LAZYBONES LATELY. WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR THAT?" Papyrus sat up, looking down at Sans and expecting a response to explain the 'strange' behavior.

Sans sat up and looked at Papyrus.

"i... i don't really know. maybe i just feel more motivation to do things. quite frankly, i feel so happy, and loved. i have a great brother, i have such an amazing person as a boyfriend, and i have so many friends i love that care about me." Sans mumbled.

Papyrus was starry eyed.

Hearing this exact words come out of his brother's mouth was the best thing he could ever have wished for himself.

Sans, the brother who always hid his feelings, whom always isolated himself when in need, who's smile used to be broken, was now happy for real this time.

Papyrus could feel the radiance of happiness from his brother's soul now, it was all so surreal.

"bro?"

Papyrus grabbed Sans by the hoodie and pulled him into a hug.

"wha-?"

"-YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO ME... I'M SO HAPPY!! NO- I'M VERY ECSTATIC!!" He squealed, hugging Sans tighter.

The door bell rang.

"AH! THAT MUST BE GRILLBY, YOUR BOYFRIEND!!" Papyrus gasped, rapidly letting go of Sans and running to the door to greet the new visitors.

"Hello, Papyrus." Grillby grinned with a small wave.

"GREETINGS! COME IN! MAKE YOURSELVES AT HOME!" Papyrus welcomed, gesturing the family of elementals to enter the house's main living room.