Chapter 45: Wrong Decisions We Make

Sans' POV

I shortcutted to the door to Grillby's apartment and sighed.

'I need to impress his dad somehow' I thought.

Though, what better way to impress him by showing how fighting isn't needed when kindness is offered to you!

Heh.

I'm beginning to sound like Papyrus.

He's such a good brother, I'm really proud of him.

He's gone so far with life; always so kind, so brave, so forgiving.

He has always been there for me ever since the very beginning.

Man... sometimes I really wish I could give him more, be a better older brother and stuff.

"maybe i should tell them about my place as judge..." I softly muttered, thinking about how Grillby and his dad would react.

As much as I wanted to tell them, in a way I couldn't just simply tell them:

'Yo hey! I'm Sans the lazy, laid-back skeleton that loves ketchup and hot dogs, nice to meet ya! Oh did I forget to mention I'm the freaking Royal Judge? Ah sorry my bad!'

I looked down at the handle, heaving one last, long frustrated sigh, and gently pushed the door open.

Something unexpected was happening though.

The apartment was black, meaning there was a fight going on, and fire was seen coming from the dining are.

Instinctively, I rushed to the center of the fight, unnoticed since the tall flames made it hard to see through them.

Never in my life, had I seen Grillby like that.

I could barely even recognize him.

He was yelling at his father, he was definitely furious.

Then before I knew it, Grillby summoned an attack in just a blink of an eye.

Everything happened so quick.

Without thinking, I teleported in front of Grillby's father and took the hit.

Even if he had insulted me, humiliated me, I wasn't about to let him die, even if it was beneficial to him, no.

Parents usually do the weirdest/stupidest things when it comes to protect their kids.

In a way, maybe he could prove his point of view to him wrong, somehow.

I closed my eyes as my vision was blinded by a bright light as it got closer.

I heard someone call-out my name before a horrible wave of pain hit me.

I cried out in pain as I fell on to the floor.

Everything hurt so bad.

From the corners of my eyes, slowly, my vision began blacking out.

The last thing I remembered from that moment, was the terrified look of Grillby's eyes.

As much as I wanted to tell him it was okay, that it was just an accident, it was too late.

Everything blacked out.

I felt my soul crack as some parts of me began dusting.

Is this how it ends it all?
_______________

Third Person POV

Grillby held Sans' hand tightly.

6 hours.

Six hours since the incident.

Sans hadn't woken up yet.

Grillby was both physically and emotionally tired.

His usual bright orange flames were dim.

He had been sobbing next to Sans for hours.

Because of his unstable rage towards his father, he had almost killed the love of his life.

He lost control.

Had he kept his posture, this wouldn't have happened.

Grillby sighed and let out a weak chuckle.

"Wrong decisions we make, amiright..." He said at a barely audible volume before bursting into tears again.

"P-please wake up.... I can't do this anymore... I love you so much I'd die for you! I'm so s-sorry... I love you with all my soul!" Grillby hiccuped, putting his head down on the hospital bed Sans laid on.
_______________

12 hours-

Papyrus burst into the door and hugged his unconscious brother after he was called by Grillby in the early morning.

A worried frown was replacing his confident smile.
_______________

14 hours-

Grillby and Papyrus had talked thoroughly about the incident the night before.

Papyrus forgave Grillby, whom still felt the guilt weighing on his back.

Please wake up...
________________

20 hours-

The word was beginning to spread ever since the group of friends came to visit.

More and more monsters came to donate money and leave get well gifts for the skeleton.

Undyne sighed, as she held on tight to Alphys' hand.

"Let's go Alphys." She sadly whispered, leaving the room with worry in her gut.

"Are you sure you'll be ok?" Mettaton asked, warmly caressing Papyrus' cheekbones.

"OF COURSE I'LL BE OKAY! SANS IS A TOUGH ONE, I'M POSITIVE SURE HE'LL WAKE UP!" Papyrus assured brightly.

"Ok..." Mettaton hesitantly mumbled, before kissing Papyrus a goodbye.

The tall skeleton sighed, and looked at Sans and Grillby.

Grillby had fallen asleep next to Sans.
______________

24 hours-

Grillby jolted awake due to another bloody nightmare and quickly fixed his glasses back in place.

Sans was still unconscious...

Grillby looked down at his hands and clenched his fists.

A hand was placed on his shoulder.

Grillby looked up.

"Sleep. I'll watch over him." Papyrus whispered.

Grillby silently nodded and got off the floor, and took a seat of a chair nearby.
_________________

36 hours-

Grillby entered the empty room after going grocery shopping and helping his family settle in his apartment and sighed.

His father had been rather quiet throughout the whole ride, and that worried Grillby.

He may still kinda mad at him, but he was his father after all.

Grillby leaned on the wall.

He wanted to apologize so badly right now....

Papyrus was out at Undyne's, so there was no way to vent.

Quiet filled the room.

There was a loud, attention-calling yawn all of a sudden.

But it wasn't coming from Grillby.

Grillby quickly looked at the hospital bed and smiled.

"did ya miss me?"
_________________

Whoop! Whoop! Another chapter done! Ohohohohoho!~

Prepare for the next chapter cuz shit is about to happen hahahaha.

Don't forget to leave comments! Bye darlings!~