★ Chapter 19: Aftermath ★

Grillby's body went dead limp on the table after a long series of pointless torture methods.

Everything hurt, his throat dry after screaming in agony for who knows how long.

His clothes were soaked with the ice cold water, and patches of his hands were black from how the reaction of fire and water created obsidian like material.

Chris scoffed and kicked Grillby's side, causing him to fall onto the ground off the table.

-28 HP

His health/hope was dangerously low.

The more he experienced the pain, the easier it became for his health to diminish in points no matter how minimal the pain was.

13/1200

Everything blacked out in an instant.

—•ღ•—

Chris frowned.

There was no fun in torturing a passed out monster.

"Weak son of a bitch...." he muttered, proceeding to spit at the unconscious monster lying on the floor.

He still needed a response from him, he couldn't just let him off like that.

He had to remain in control of his plans, but for that to occur, he needed all of his inconveniences to be gotten rid of.

The bartender had to go.

"Kill him—" Chris began to order his buff ally before being cut off at the sensation on being tugged at from his soul.

A sharp crack was heard from the sudden impact against the wall after being thrown with great amount of force.

Before getting a chance to react, Chris' co-worker was thrown to the opposite wall.

Unlike Chris, the impact knocked out Chris' partner in crime within an instant.

"I knew you'd fight back.... Go ahead, k-kill me... fucking monster..." Chris chuckled, looking up from the ground to Sans, whom stood at the door to the kitchen with bloody wrists and sweat pouring down his forehead.

His face was filled with hatred, but there was a subtle hint of fear.

With eyes pitch black and a wide smile, Sans took steps forward, slowly nearing Chis.

Something about Sans' grin felt awfully perturbing.

Chris felt his sins crawling on his back.

"karma sucks doesn't it?" Sans asked, in a deep voice that sent a shiver down Chris' spine.

He began feeling an anxiety never felt before.

He had underestimated Sans' magical abilities under the effect of the magic suppressor to a dangerous extent.

Chris gulped, he wasn't used to the feeling in his gut.

He knew when he signed up for this that things wouldn't get pretty, but he overestimated his capabilities.

He was scared for the first time in a long while.

"You know what? I take it back. How about we make a deal? We pretend this never happened and we let you go with your bartender in exchange for you to let me live." Chris negotiated, almost pretending an innocence that wasn't there.

Sans scoffed, letting out a surprised laugh of shock.

"wow haha! i have something better for you, actually." Sans began.