Short Story

Fire

The children sat in their classrooms, bored out of their minds. The teachers teaching were also bored beyond belief. None of them wanted to be there and none of them cared if anyone knew. It was too hot to even try to pretend that you weren't bored. Unexpectedly, the fire alarm had went off. A single thought flew through everyone's mind, 'finally, something exciting.' The children and teachers all made their way to the safety zone, the football field. As the last of the children made it outside, the teachers quickly took count of everyone there, to make sure no one was left behind. Once finished, the teachers began to walk towards the front with the principal. "Is every student here and accounted for?" The teachers all smirked and nodded at the principal. The principal smiled in the students direction and took out a megaphone. "Students, I can't believe that this worked so well. This was the only way we could get all of you gathered in one place." The students looked around, all of them confused. "Do not fret because it's all over now....." The principal nodded and all of the teachers brought out different guns and knives and any other weapon that could kill. All of the students began to shake and cry in fear. "Today was a bit of a drag so in order to make it more fun, I gathered you all here." All of the adults looked so happy and calm. The students were getting antsy and reckless so a couple of them screamed. The adults faces quickly changed from calm to psychotic in a flash. The principal pulled out a weapon of their own before speaking, "Goodbye children."