Chapter 1: The Fall Of Shiganshina

Hello, my name is Rizabeth Armsel. I'm from Wall Maria, Shiganshina District. Today, humanity received a grim reminder: that these walls that serves as our protection can never last forever.

Today, humanity has fallen.

Everyone was paralyzed in shock with blood frozen inside our veins. We gawked at the distant red hand that clutched unto the top of Wall Maria. I couldn't hear anything but the rampant pace of my heartbeat, filling my ears and blocking everything else.

What's happening?

I was frightened and confused. I don't know what to do or what to think. My legs seems to have buried itself deep beneath the ground under me. I don't know what was happening, no one did.

But when a shadow loomed over us and a gigantic skinless head peaked over the walls, sudden realization dawned upon us. Everything around me just fell apart.

"The wall has been breached!"

[An hour Earlier]

"Rizabeth, would you please be a dear and give this to Mrs. Jeager?", A paper bag is shoved into my face courtesy of my mother. I stared -more like glared, at the bag before me and I took a whiff.

Eugh, it smells like the dead has arisen and decided to make perfume. I feel like I'm about to barf to be honest. I decided to take a peak its contents only to see the sight of three fishes. Its dull eyes are looking at me, making me shiver.

"Oh don't be such a drama queen. It isn't that bad, just breathe through your mouth and you'll be fine"She grumbled, rolling her eyes. I stuck my tongue out at her when her back is turned. Still, I took up her advice.

Inside my head, I'm listing all the things to complain about with this paper bag. This thing is another sign of the daily gratitude my parents give them. It annoys me whenever my parents do something like this; give people payment though they clearly said that it wasn't necessary.

Even though I basically owe the Jaeger's my life.

Nearly more than a month ago, a plague hit the district of Shiganshina, it affected a large number of people and caused a lot of deaths. It was a grim experience for our tiny district. Apparently, I was supposed to be recorded alongside the dead body count, if it wasn't for the help of Dr. Jeager, he cured the town and everyone was thankful for it.

At first, the medicine didn't take effect on me due to my weird immune system or whatever, so he made a special alternative, and his medical miracle made my parents eternally grateful -perhaps a little too grateful. Although Dr. Jeager made it clear that payment wasn't needed, he couldn't break the hard headedness of my mother and father

They expressed their gratitude by giving anything at all to the Jaeger's as a gift. From food to supplies or any article of clothing my mother made.

It more so added another bill in our list, but they never did mind. However, due to the lack of money, salary issue within the district and my father's recent unemployment, made things a whole lot worse. I also have a sister who is currently working and even though her salary can be higher than most, her expenses eats it all along with the medicine and frequent checkups I needed.

All of this lead to my father having to work as an illegal merchant that delivers products to the inner walls. His job somehow made a blow on the time we spent together and now we're stuck with waiting for him to come home in random hours, but trust me when I say this: I don't hate the Jeagers, I hate my parents, not them.

Despite their son's shortcomings. Seriously, that kid is troublesome.

I took a sharp turn on the intersection and I sighed, seeing a familiar house. I went up the porch and I knocked on the oak wooden door. After 5 knocks, it was answered by Mrs. Carla Jaeger who greeted me with a gentle smile. She wasn't so surprised to see me. I forgot to mention that we tend to give them things way too often than needed.