Chapter 21: Starting Over Again

We were transported to the Recon Corps' former HQ, north of Trost District to serve as a hideout for Eren. We are riding horses and I can't help but gawk at the amazing view of the castle. It was big. Trees surrounded its beauty and the sun shined over it. It was breath taking.

"Enjoying the view?" A girl with ginger hair asked. I couldn't help the small smile that crept upon my lips. 

"Yep, who wouldn't? There's this magnificent castle in the middle of a beautiful dense forest, it's like one of those children stories. A scene from a faitytale" I gasped while she laughed at my observation.

"Well I guess that's one way to put it. I'm Petra Ral and... you're Rizabeth, right?" She asked and I nodded. She seems to have a pleasant personality. A nice contrast to the usual eccentric and aggressive members of the Corps. 

"Yeah, Rizabeth Armsel. Nice to meet you" 

She nods at me beging sighing in relief. "Well, it's good to have another girl around here. Being around boys too long can be -weird"

"It must have been a nightmare" I said. She nodded at this and we continue riding. Looks like were getting along well so far. This is good. 

This is your shot at making friends, Riza! DONT.MESS.THIS.UP

There's finally a sane person around here!

"How's the Survey Corps so far?" She asked, opening a conversation.

I thought about it for a little while, "Well it's been okay so far. Everyone has been friendly, but some people have been a little too friendly" I laughed awkwardly, recalling that Mike guy sniffing me.

I still can't get over how he sniffed me like a perfume bottle. I know it's his thing, but can't he smell people awaaaay from their neck!?

Who even does that?!

"Yeah, some people here can be a little too -odd" She laughs awkwardly, but then our conversation suddenly got interrupted because of a sudden hurled scream that erupted from behind us.

"Oh no, not again" She muttered, looking at the blonde guy who bit his tongue. Hard.

That's gotta hurt...

********

"That's what you get for talking while riding your horse" Petra said, looking down at Orlou with annoyance.

I shrugged at the two of them as I passed by while pulling the reins of my horse. I took her to the stables and tied her reins to it. She struggled, but I can manage.

"Easy there girl, here have some water" I said as I placed a bucket of water near her mouth. I smiled at her when she drank it. I caressed her mane, it was warm and fuzzy.

She was beautiful, her almost pure white fur and a jet black mane. To some people, her colors may seem too dull, but to me...it was a perfect combination. Not too white, not too dark. 

"I'll name you Lorietta" I chuckled as she rubbed the side of her face with mine.

It took me a while to stop myself from caressing her. She was very affectionate. 

I head back towards the front of the castle, scanning its exterior. My face scrunched up when I noticed the crevices of the place. 

This place may be nice from afar, but it looks so messy now. Grass grew in between stones, dust and dirt on the stables, there are even random stains on the castle walls. I am so not going to touch or even go near those stains. Who knows what made those.

"Oi you brats!" Captain Levi called out. I went towards him, Eren following behind me.

"We have a situation" He said, glaring at the castle.