Chapter 6: I Won't Give Up

The day has come for Eren's final exam. Each and everyone of us were worried for him, if he doesn't pass, Mikasa will quit and I bet Armin will too, that leaves me here all alone.

My journal ended with the thought of fireflies and that guy who introduced me to them. I still don't know his name, I hate myself for not asking....

I don't even know why he's in my journal...

I sighted and closed the pocketbook, I descended from the roof after I watch the sun rise, I went back to my cot, not making the same mistake of sleeping again. Instead, I went towards the bathhouse and went ahead. Just when I was finished with everything, the alarm went blaring around the field. I strode back to the cabin to see the girls practically running everywhere, looking for their things, while I went back to bed . I didn't care if my hair was still wet and unfixed, I just told Mikasa to wake me up when she's ready and then dozed off with the beautiful sun greeting me in my sleep. 

I was waken up just in time to braid my hair and tug the braid to the back of my head, I used 4 tight bobby pins to keep it in place. I went outside, luckily I wasn't late. I made my way to the front of the crowd next to Mikasa and Armin, we all watch Eren nervously look at us for moral support. 

"You can do it"I whispered, he read my lips and nodded at me. The commander and him stared at each other with pure intensity in their eyes. Eren swallowed nervously, each of us praying for him to pass. 

"Eren Jeager, are you ready?"The commander asks him, his gaze never faltering.

"Yes, sir!"Eren said, the straps clanged and he stood his ground, his eyes traveled from the commander to us. Those eyes that I've always admired when I was a kid, it was filled with determination and will power that can inspire anyone with just a glance. It inspired me, it inspired us, now we all wore the same look, in hopes of inspiring him back. 

You can do this, Eren!

"Begin" The commander ordered as Thomas wound the contraption up, raising Eren up. He was levitating in the air and he kept himself stable. Everyone cheered for him and so did I. 

"Wohoo! That's my Best friend!"I shouted proudly as the rest cheered in the background. Apparently, I think I jinxed it.

Eren lost his balance and fell to the floor, he was hanging upside down as he stared at us, scared of the next following events. 

The commander in front of me observed Eren's belt, I followed his gaze and my eyes widen in shock. 

How can his belt be damaged like that? That damage is only received by someone who purposely tried to sabotage his equipment. Eren wouldn't surely do that, but who?

Eren hanged there upside down, begging the commander to give him another chance as he tried to set himself up. The commander closely inspected his belt, remaining quiet as I stood there and observed. The commander asked Thomas to bring him down, so he did. 

"Wagner, give Jeager your belt please"The commander ordered Thomas, he hesitated at first but followed anyway. After a brief belt switching scene, Eren was able to levitate in the air like it was nothing. 

"The equipment was faulty, the metal fittings of your belt were damaged. I've never seen damage to these parts before"He said, I didn't listened to the rest of his speech, I remained quiet as I thought of the possible reason his belt was broken.

He could've broke it by accident, but most probable reason was that someone tampered with it, like what I did to my sister before. 

But the question is, who?

Eren looked at Mikasa, his facial expression was clear that he was proud of himself, I smiled and sighted at the thought that I won't be alone anymore, but Mikasa had to ruin the moment with her Eren-obsessiveness