Chapter 4: Training Corps

(3 months later)

We all straightened ourselves when the commander entered the field. My gaze remained forward and my body is frozen still. My aura radiated off of seriousness as his words boomed around us, shouting words of what was supposed to be death tthreats

"Straighten those spines cadets! The 104th cadet booth camp starts now! Allow me to introduce myself, Keith Shadis and you will grow to hate me! Training is going to be a white knuckle through hell, when I've done my job you will be waking up from cold sweat of the memories of this place. Every night, for the rest of your miserable lives!" He said.

A little too much, don't you think? And jokes on you, I don't sleep at night.

"Right now you're nothing, you're nothing but livestock for the next three soul-crushing years, you'll learn to take down your own titan. Remember this moment when you come face to face with him because here's where you ask yourself. AM I A FIGHTER OR AM I FEED, am I going to be grounded to a human pulp or am I going to be the one to fight?!"He asked.

Isn't the answer obvious, I'm a fighter alright.

I'm a fighter, I'll fight for the sake of humanity and my dreams. I will make my parents proud and show them what their daughter has become. I will not let anyone down nor will I give up and fail this test. I will become a member of the Survey Corps and be the person my sister has never become, I will be free from this walls and the rotten government. I will look at humanity not as cattle hiding inside their wooden fences, but as free birds that goes to wherever the wind takes them. I will be free.

I will not fall, but I will fight.

There's something out there beyond those walls, there is hidden beauty among every corner and I will not be able to see it by being tucked away by fear and the false hope these walls give us.

"There is more beyond the confining walls and dense forests, a beauty that no normal person in this walls can see, and that place is where I want to be"

It's my turn, I'm at the front of the line now. I've waited and waited, now it's time to give it my best shot. I'll make it, I know I will.

The commander went to random soldiers, intimidating them and telling them off. I wasn't surprised to hear Armin's name, that must mean that the others are here too. He continued to intimidate more soldiers, but he passed by me and a few others. At the corner of my eye, I saw two men walk pass our little introduction scene. They reeked of superiority, the stench I hiss at.

My attention sling shot went back to the introduction when I heard something that peaked my interest.

"Who the hell are you?!"The commander asked a boy with two-toned hair. The guy saluted but it wasn't stiff enough, his composure radiated off of cockiness and annoying honesty.

I have a feeling that I should scoff at this.

"Jean Kirstein from Trost, sir!" He said. I mentally rolled my eyes at him. Ever since the accident I looked down on people from the inner walls, their cocky attitude and know-it-all physique pisses me off. They haven't looked at death in the eyes and I labeled it as weak unless they prove themselves.

They dont know what true struggle really is.

"What are you here for?"The commander asked him. I noticed the switch on his personality and I mentally prepared for his answer.

"To join the Military Police and reside in the inner district, sir"He said. Oh great, we got ourselves a cocky coward, the kind I absolutely despise. That was a very wrong answer.

"Oh, I see. So you want to live in the Inner District?" The commander questioned and I felt a smirk forming in my lips, the bald guy I was facing raised an eyebrow at me, but I ignored him and listened attentively to the scene that I know will soon be entertaining.