Chapter 31: Planning Ahead

"We have found a suspect who is believed to be the female titan" Almost immediately, Eren was overtaken by those words, while I continued to avoid Armin's eyes on me. I know that I wasn't supposed to tell the Commander about it, but I had no choice.

Someone has to pay for what they did to Daniella and that person is:

Annie Leonhart

[Rewind: A Day After Daniella's funeral]

I walked around the Survey Corp's Head Quarters. Levi hasn't receive word yet about returning to the hideout, so we were stationed here for the time being. The Survey Corps have been messy without Daniella, because one of their pillars were gone. Those pillars were the four strongest members of the Survey Corps: Levi, Mike, Daniella and Hanji

Each one of them served as some kind of person holding up the faction, maintaining the stability within the Survey Corps, now that one of them was gone, its normal for there to be chaos. To maintain temporary balance, Daniella's right hand, Tomas, was appointed to replace her for the time being until further notice.

But even though they replaced her, there was still a thick coat of darkness covering the head quarters, it wasn't as noisy as usual, it wasn't as lively as it used to be and the floors for the Special Combat and Control Squad is the gloomiest part of the building.

Tom was right when he said that no one could replace Daniella, no matter how hard they tried. No one can match her insanity and how she always brings the light in the room, together with the mischievous hint in her face.

"Riza, come here with me for a moment" My face lit up at the sight of Hanji smiling at me. She was always there when I needed someone to cheer me up.

I nodded at her and followed as she lead me up the stairs, from the lobby where I was loitering, to the 4th floor where there were only a few people walking around. I guess this floor isn't used that much anymore.

"What did you bring me here for?" I asked as we turned to a corner. She didn't respond, but she stopped before two sets of doors before us and pushed one open, entering the room. It then came to my senses that we have just entered the library. It was huge and it was my first time here.

She continued to walk until we took a sharp turn, heading towards the section of the library that was filled with letters, documents and scrolls. I gave her a raised eyebrow, starting to become suspicious of her actions. People rarely go to this section unless they were told to by high ranking officials, not that it was restricted, but because there was nothing interesting here. 

What is she planning?

My heart beat suddenly increased as a thought occurred inside my head. I let out a shaky breath, scanning her from head to toe as endless possibilities start to surface in my head. 

What if she already got me figured out? She is Hanji after all, she has one of the biggest brains in the Survey Corps. She has sniffed me out.

"Here" I snapped back into reality, eyeing the letter in Hanji's hands. I looked at it at confusion and I took it, trying to prevent my fingers from trembling as I held onto the paper, raising an eyebrow at it. 

"What is this for?" I eyed the letter, it was unopened with a seal intact to it and when I saw the seal, a slight gasp escaped my lips. 

This looks identical to the one on my rosary, but how did Hanji get her hands on it? Does she know the dirty business my sister has been in? Does she know about the Marley? How does she know about Christianity?

Questions and questions started to pour inside my head again, my eyebrows furrowed and confusion enveloped my face and Hanji saw it, anyone would've noticed my obvious reaction and then she decided to give me the answer I was relieved to hear.